PDA

View Full Version : Drum Sander Ryobi WDS1600

william boykin
12-08-2009, 8:35 PM
I bought this sander and it was disassembled. I was wondering if I have the sandpaper clips installed correctly? The one that is next to the motor does not have alot of tension on the retract coil spring that rotes the clip but I installed it the only way I can see it will fit. I can not find any pictures that show how to install it or the tension spring. The owners manual is no help. I guess that is why it was not put back together.
I also wonder about the table feed. My sanding drum rotates counter clockwise and the feed belt rotates clockwise. Can anyone tell me if this is correct? I am viewing it from the open side of the drum with the controls on the right side next to table drive belt motor. I saw a Jet sander and it was being feed from right to left in a video but I can not tell about the drum rotation. I called Ryobi and they said that the drum and the table feed the same way but it does not seem right to me. If that is true you have to feed the Ryobi sander from the left side facing the open end of the drum. Can anyone help? Please!!!!