PDA

View Full Version : Power Clip Issue

Bruce Dillingham
12-08-2009, 6:08 PM
Having problem getting a photo to stay within the power clip border. Used PhotoGrav on the image. Power Clipped it into a circle. Looked fine, but when lasered the image comes out square and outside of the circle. Tried a different photo, edited the photo within Power Clip getting it centered. Any help would be appreciated.

Dave Lock
12-08-2009, 6:14 PM
Hi Bruce,

I've not tried this but could you open your Phtograv's image with your photoshop and crop the image into a circle before importing into Corel.

Or maybe crop you image with the circle before running through Photograve.

Regards,

Sergio Arze
12-08-2009, 6:23 PM
if you are working directly of coreldraw center everything. You can start by highlighting the image and press the keyboard key P to center the image than continue to centering your text and vector image and adjust as required from there. hope this helps.

Bruce Dillingham
12-08-2009, 8:52 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I don't have photoshop so I can't try that.

Using Corel, the image is centered in the star and the picture is Power Clipped to a circle. The corel file looks great. When it goes to the laser is where the problem is.

Carl Sewell
12-08-2009, 9:00 PM
That's bizarre. Check your object manager (Tools> Object Manager) and see if the layer that contains the Power Clip object is on a printable layer (ie the printer icon will NOT be greyed out).

Bruce Dillingham
12-08-2009, 10:04 PM
It is on a printable layer.
I added the file to the original post if someone would like to take a look. It is in v10 format.

Curt Stallings
12-08-2009, 10:34 PM
Did you try closing CorelDraw and then reopening it?

Gary Hair
12-08-2009, 11:13 PM
Power clip it then convert to bitmap - problem solved.

Gary

Bruce Dillingham
12-09-2009, 6:44 AM
Thanks Gary, I'll give it a try.

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-09-2009, 7:22 AM
I have had this same problem on more than one occasion. What I HAVE to do is put the photo in the powerclip, then send it to PhotoGav.

I have to do the powerclip before PhotoGrav.

Martin Boekers
12-09-2009, 9:59 AM
Bruce, just a note you may not have Photoshop, but Corel has Photo Paint which is real similar. That should be part of the program that you do have.

Sometimes it's easier to resolve some issue there before importing them to Corel Draw.

Marty