PDA

View Full Version : Deal but not quite gloat...

Mike Cruz
12-08-2009, 5:51 PM
So I found an honest person on CL (after a couple not so honorable). I found her ad on CL for a Kreg Precision Miter Gauge last Friday. I was the first to answer the ad. I told her I would take it, but I couldn't make it there until Tuesday, assuring her I would show. She actually agreed, and I picked it up today. Not in box, but new, with the two stops...$70. Again, not really a gloat, but it wasn't in the budget to spend $140-180 (depending on vendor) for a miter gauge. It now has a happy home. :)

I'll still use my Delta Miter Gauge (stock), but only for square cuts...

Stephen Edwards
12-08-2009, 6:12 PM
I had the same experience when I bought my Grizzly Drill Press from a CL listing. I bought it sight unseen (It was a year old but never had a bit in it!) for less than half price. I told the guy it would be 3-4 days before I could get it, about 100 miles away. I offered to send him a deposit via paypal but he said no need. While we were on the phone he removed the listing from CL.

I've had more positive experiences than negative on CL.

Congrats on your miter gauge!

Gene Howe
12-08-2009, 6:34 PM
Good deal!
Mine is accurate in all preset positions.

Carroll Courtney
12-08-2009, 6:53 PM
Will I think that it is a good deal,and its nice to fine a person on CL that is not a scammer--Carroll

Steve Kohn
12-08-2009, 9:53 PM
It seems like there are other kinds of people that frequent CL.

I found a listing for an PM edge sander. When I called the guy and made an appointment to see the machine he point blank asked me if I was going to show up.

He went on to explain that he had multiple calls on the machine but no one ever showed up to look at it.

Mike Cruz
12-08-2009, 11:14 PM
Oddly enough, yup, that happens all too often. That is how I ended up with my big UNI, Jointer, DC, DP, etc gloat. Apparently, a few guys had promised to show before me but didn't. When we agreed on a price, it was obviously less than what he wanted, but he agreed "as long as I showed". I have the feeling he half expected me not to...

Scott Vantine
12-09-2009, 9:32 AM
It would be a gloat to me! I have been looking to purchase one of those Kreg precision miter jigs, but can't spend $140 on one at this time! Why can't I find a CL deal?:(