PDA

View Full Version : Shipping during the holidays

Dick Foster
12-08-2009, 2:38 PM
:) I posted a thread on this site in middle Nov. about what type of protective helmet to buy for turning. Air Trend seemed to be the choice so I ordered one from Sears. Arrived after Thanksgiving, opened the box and the head band was broken in two places. Returned to Sears store and got a refund. Went home and oirdered on line again. It arrived on Dec. 7 about 7:00pm. Started watching football and the suspence got to me. I opened the box and this time the left side of the headband was broken. Took it back to Sears for refund. Called their 1-800 number to let them know what was happening and if I could order again while he I was on the phone. Sorry were out. I will be sent an e-mail in the next 90 days when there stock has be been replaced. I wonder how many of those helmets sent out also got broken and that's why their out of stock? I think the problem is when the helmet is shipped out the head band is on the bottom of the box with face shield in the up positon and the weight of the 2 lbs. + weight and the handling of the box in shipment it gets broken. There are also not enough peanuts to surround the inner box properly. So we will wait to hear from Sears and hope that the third time its right. If this doesn't work out I guess I will have to get an old railroad handkerchief and some duct tape and make my own. Oh well, just a small bug on the windshield. Ha!

Steve Schlumpf
12-08-2009, 2:53 PM
Sorry to hear of your experiences with the Sears/Trend. Hope they get some in stock soon!

Phil Rose
12-08-2009, 3:20 PM
Same happened here. I ordered one from Sears.com right before Thanksgiving, arrived broken. Returned to store. Ordered another, and it arrived broken as well. Searched the web and discovered two other incidents posted exactly the same.

This morning I gave up on Sears and ordered from Amazon ... can't get the Trend itself for $299, but did get one with an included external charger for $359, and found an extra battery on sale for $19.95. It'll be here tomorrow ... hopefully intact :).

Steve Mawson
12-08-2009, 3:48 PM
I ordered one the first part of November from Tool Nut. Came in a few days. Tried it on once then charged it up. Went to put it on the next time and headband was broke. Called Trend Customer Service. Seems they have had that problem as you found out but they admitted to the problem right off. Trend sent me a new headband from KY and had in a few days. You can see that they have reinforced the headband in the area that mine broke. Have been using for about a week now with no problems. Would be nice if Trend had not had the problem but they took good care of me. I usually call the company rather than return to where I bought it to take care of any problems with good success to date. Just my experience.

Gary Conklin
12-08-2009, 4:05 PM
http://www.performancetoolcenter.com/trend-airshield.html

Cheaper than Sears + free shipping.