PDA

View Full Version : Need Gold/Silver Sheet Stock that Engraves Black

Scott Balboa
12-08-2009, 12:26 PM
We have been looking for a good aluminum or brass sheet stock that is gold or silver (matte) and will engrave black when lasered. We ordered some LaserBlak (I think it was called - can't remember the manufacturer) and have not been too happy with the results. Ultimately we are trying to duplicate the look of a black/white photo that has been sublimated on gold stock. Anyone have a good product to recommend?

Martin Boekers
12-08-2009, 1:06 PM
Alumark makes laserable aluminum. I have never had great success with it. It will be hard to match match a dye sub print with a laser product.

If you have access to a color laser printer and a heat press Magic Touch
transfer paper transfer to metal nicely.

Marty

Dan Hintz
12-08-2009, 1:07 PM
If the LaserBlak doesn't work for you, I would consider spraying some engraver's brass black and lasering that. The engraving brass already has a thick clearcoat on it that is sturdy to a lighter beam, so no worries about clearcoating afterward.

Mike Null
12-08-2009, 2:02 PM
Alumamark is available from Johnson Plastics, a similar but not identical product, from JDS industries or use laser sublimation.

James & Zelma Litzmann
12-08-2009, 2:09 PM
We have been using the ones from JDS and are very please with them.

Gary Hair
12-08-2009, 2:59 PM
Scott,
As mentioned, you won't be able to replicate dye sub with a laser. Where in Oregon are you? I can do dye sub and would be happy to help. I'm in Eugene.

Gary