PDA

View Full Version : Bois d'arc

Gordon Thompson
12-08-2009, 9:45 AM
If anyone in the Dallas area is interesed in some free Bois d'Arc....read on:D

A friend of mine from a motorcycle forum just posted this, this morning:

I've got all the Bois d'arc you can handle. Come and get it. If you don't know, it's a very hard wood that polishes to a brilliant shine with a golden orange color.

Ruth and I have been clearing our property by hand for the last few weeks. A neighbor stopped by and offered to push down a dead tree or two with his Kubota. While at it, he pushed down a live Bois d'arc or two as well. Ruth said I was drooling the whole time. What a mess we have now. I need to find someone in need of exotic wood to take it off our hands. I don't want to ruin multiple chains, sawing it into disposable pieces.

You can tell them we're in Red Oak, about 20 miles south of downtown Dallas. If you find someone interested, they can call my cell

I'm up in Madison, he's in Tx, so in reality I can't get any. :(

PM me for his cell phone number, if your interested.

Thanks.

Brian Effinger
12-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Do you think your friend would throw some in a USPS flat rate box for me?

Gordon Thompson
12-08-2009, 4:31 PM
Do you think your friend would throw some in a USPS flat rate box for me?

i think his first choice is to try and find someone local who would like it. He'd prefer to not have to saw it up.

Steve Schlumpf
12-08-2009, 7:07 PM
Gordon - I am not from the Dallas area but would like to suggest that he contact some of the local turning clubs as I am sure they would appreciate the wood and he would most likely get a few bowls out of the deal for his generosity!

Gordon Thompson
12-08-2009, 8:07 PM
Gordon - I am not from the Dallas area but would like to suggest that he contact some of the local turning clubs as I am sure they would appreciate the wood and he would most likely get a few bowls out of the deal for his generosity!

yep, he did. after i asked him if i could post his offer here, he did google and found dallaswoodturners.org. he was gonna reach out to them also.

Billy Tallant
12-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Gordon, I will be dropping you a pm. I'm not too far south of him. So I would be interested. Thanks for passing this info along.

Gordon Thompson
12-09-2009, 6:07 AM
Gordon, I will be dropping you a pm. I'm not too far south of him. So I would be interested. Thanks for passing this info along.

number sent :D

Stuart Reid
12-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Billy,
I sent you a PM.

Stu

Billy Tallant
12-12-2009, 2:11 AM
Billy,
I sent you a PM.

Stu

Sorry Stuart...Somehow I missed your message. Just caught it this evening. Sent you pm. Will try to call you tomorrow.

Billy Tallant
12-12-2009, 2:12 AM
number sent :D

Thanks for the post & info...