PDA

View Full Version : Shapton Stone "Pond"

Tom Godley
12-08-2009, 9:08 AM
I have the Shapton stone system with the rubber base/holder for the stones - I did not order the <$200.00 "pond"

I have tried to use a variety of containers with limited success - any suggestions? Has anyone made one? I was thinking about trying to find some thick plastic that can be cut and also glued to be watertight.

Jim Koepke
12-08-2009, 11:19 AM
An automotive floor mat with a ridge around the edge works for me. It was a lot cheaper than $200. Also, the lid from a cheap plastic container, like
Rubber Maid will also work.

Take a walk through the kitchen, bath and automotive sections of your local Target or K-Mart for ideas.

jim

Scott Stafford
12-08-2009, 8:42 PM
Hello Tom,

In a moment of weakness, I ordered the Shapton pond and have been very happy with it. It's built every bit as well as the rest of their products and will last a lifetime.

I bought it from Chef Knives to go (chefknivestogo.com, I think). They have it for about $162 with free freight.

Happy Holidays!

Scott in Montana

Brian Buckley
12-08-2009, 10:16 PM
TOM,
I have the Shapton pond, it is super. Recently, I ordered a couple of "ponds" from Peachtree. I think they are about $15.00, Just received them and must admit they are very good.

Bill Satko
12-09-2009, 3:45 PM
I bought a photo developers tray off of the internet; glued some rubber-like shelving liner material on the bottom to keep it from sliding; put a cheap car mat on the inside and built these custom stone holders from 1" PVC sheet material. I used PVC glue to attach the feet to the bed of the stone holders. Worked great.

I eventually plan on building a custom pond that is self draining via a tube with sheet PVC. I got the PVC off of the internet.

Bill Satko
12-09-2009, 3:47 PM
Two more pictures: