PDA

View Full Version : Bosch 18v slimpack and fatpack batteries

rick carpenter
12-08-2009, 1:46 AM
For 18v impact driver, are these interchangeable and is the charger the same? Thx

Steve Rozmiarek
12-08-2009, 10:10 AM
All I have are the slimpak, but I'm 99% sure they are. Better get a second opinion though. That little skinny slimpak battery is sure nice!

Damion Bevacqua
12-08-2009, 9:30 PM
If you're talking about the lithium batteries, then yes - they're fully compatible. I have two of each - they even came with the exact same charger.

rick carpenter
12-09-2009, 12:17 PM
Steve and Damion,

I know it's dependent on a lot of variables, but do you like the charge life of the slimpack? (The 14.4v's had some, but not all, less than happy reviews on charge life.) And what about the charge life difference between slimpack and fatpack? I'm getting an 18v slimpack impact driver toward the end of this month :) and want to know if I will want a coupla fatpacks too. Thx, Rick

Steve Rozmiarek
12-10-2009, 9:55 AM
Rick, the only project that was taxing on batteries that I've done with the Bosch Slimpak was putting up a big privacy fence. They outlasted what I would have expected from the 18 volt Dewalts. At least the same longevity with a lot better weight. I'd think that the bigger ones would be useful for really heavy use, but for me, two Slimpaks have always been plenty.