PDA

View Full Version : Bethlehem Olivewood Pens

Billy Tallant
12-08-2009, 12:46 AM
Had a rush order I needed to finish. Didn't get home from work & hit the shop till nearly 6:30 this evening. I had 4 pens I needed to get out this evening. I thought I would make 2 this evening & 2 tomorrow. Couldnt seem to quit though, so I decided to finish all 4 this evening. Shop could have been more comfortable though. 42* F left a little nip in the air while working. Now I just need to get these in the mail on the way to Louisiana in the morning.

Jim Rimmer
12-08-2009, 11:09 AM
Nice looking pens. I assume from the post title the Olive wood came from Bethlehem? Quite appropriate for Christmas gifts. How do you get the wood?

Steve Schlumpf
12-08-2009, 12:07 PM
Great looking pens Billy! Shipping to Louisiana? Does that mean your sales have gone national? That's cool!

Billy Tallant
12-08-2009, 2:23 PM
Steve,

Trying to diversify...LOL

Actually my cousin bought some pens this summer at a family reunion in Texas. It ended up getting me a few sales in Louisiana. My dad hunts elk in Colorado. Some of the group that he hunts with in Colorado have come down here to hog hunt in Texas. So I've also generated a few sales in Colorado. So far I've spread my pens out to Louisiana, Oklahoma, & Colorado for out of state sales. Since I started turning November 08, it has been a very good year for my pen sales.

Billy Tallant
12-08-2009, 2:26 PM
Nice looking pens. I assume from the post title the Olive wood came from Bethlehem? Quite appropriate for Christmas gifts. How do you get the wood?

Yes the wood did come from Bethlehem. I include a Certificate of Authenticity to make it look more official. I ususally order it online. Sometimes from PSI. This last batch I had to rush to Dallas & buy it from a local Woodcraft store. I like to keep a few of these pens made up. They are good sellers all year.

Steve Schlumpf
12-08-2009, 2:28 PM
Excellent! Glad to hear your sales are doing well!

Steve Mawson
12-08-2009, 4:07 PM
Nice pens. I have used that wood before and it turns nicely. You are getting sales far and wide. Funny how those things get started. Hope it keeps going well. Know what you mean about the 40 degrees. So far gloves and coveralls have made it not seem too bad.

Bernie Weishapl
12-08-2009, 4:52 PM
Really nice pens Billy. I really like turning olivewood. Congrats on your sales.

art san jr
12-08-2009, 10:36 PM
Real nice, love 'em.

Thanks for showing. Art.