PDA

View Full Version : Metric Drill Bits

Mike OMelia
12-07-2009, 11:12 PM
Anybody have a reasonble source for metric drill bits? 1 to 10mm, in 0.5mm increments. What I have found so far is way pricey!

Mike

Gary Breckenridge
12-07-2009, 11:29 PM
I took a quick look on line and saw a big set from amazon for $75 and some sets ebay starting at $20. No idea what will suit your needs or quality.:cool:

Rick Fisher
12-07-2009, 11:43 PM
I always find these metric posts fun..

I am Canadian.. Not a tough find up here.. :D

If you have trouble finding them.. let me know.. I can mail you some..

I am in the building supply business, never my intention to sell anything online.. but if your in a jam..

Do you want regular drill bits, or brad point ?

Josh Reet
12-08-2009, 12:06 AM
http://grizzly.com/products/TiN-Coated-Drill-Set-50-pc-Metric/G9753

Jim Tobias
12-08-2009, 12:08 AM
I bought some nice metric Brad Points from Lee Valley.

Jim

Mike OMelia
12-08-2009, 9:45 AM
The Grizz set is nice, but does not have the larger diameters.

But thanks for reminding me about grizz... I will be getting some of their lettered and numbered bits.

Mike

Scott T Smith
12-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Mike, a great source for metal working products is J&L Industrial supply, which is now a division of MSC. They have a wide variety of quality options as well as reasonable prices.

george wilson
12-08-2009, 10:06 AM
You will get what you pay for. I use metric drill sets just to have those in between sizes you need sometimes in metal working. Also,A to Z sets are useful. In smaller sizes,number sets.

Mike OMelia
12-08-2009, 11:01 AM
Believe it or not, I need the metric sizes for woodworking. Some of my guitar tuners have metric specifications. I also need them for shell dots inserts. The shell is typically metric. It is only for these purposes that I have a metric need. I guess I could be satisfied with "crossover". I just did not think it would be such abig deal.

Still, if I could find a 2-12mm bit set in .5mm increments, I would be happy with that. Maybe some of those numbered and lettered sets would provide more crossover opportunities.

Mike

Mike OMelia
12-08-2009, 10:37 PM
Check out this website! And their prices on clearance items!!
http://www.drillbitwarehouse.com/home?page=shop.browse&category_id=17
I found all I needed and then some.
Mike

Mike OMelia
12-09-2009, 1:17 PM
I was just wondering if anyone had tried that site. I had trouble finding my cart after clicking "continue shopping" and I eventually just added and removed an item to get back to the cart. Another friend who shopped there on my recommendation could only get a $52 shipping option (min) no matter what he did (that did not happen to me). I hate recommending sites that are not consumer friendly. So, if you had a less then stellar experience, let me know (or good one!)

Mike