PDA

View Full Version : Another four Ornaments

James Jaragosky
12-07-2009, 8:53 PM
Here are 4 more. I used a different trace method and had much less cleanup work. once again I want to thank Steve Good for the free images that these files were made from. he has many good patterns on his site scrollsaw work shop.
Enjoy
and more to come
Jim J.

Sergio Arze
12-07-2009, 8:57 PM
wow!! thanks again, my kids and I we just cutting some from wood and aluminum with the ones you had posted earlier:D

James Jaragosky
12-07-2009, 9:42 PM
wow!! thanks again, my kids and I we just cutting some from wood and aluminum with the ones you had posted earlier:D
That is the best gift you can give them. Time with dad!

Steve Clarkson
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Jim.....you're TRACING these? When I import Jim Goode's PDFs into Corel, they're already in vector format.

Also, you might want to add Jim Goode's Terms of Use.....you can make and sell anything you want with these images, but you can't sell the images......or something like that.

James Jaragosky
12-08-2009, 4:52 PM
Jim.....you're TRACING these? When I import Jim Goode's PDFs into Corel, they're already in vector format.

Also, you might want to add Jim Goode's Terms of Use.....you can make and sell anything you want with these images, but you can't sell the images......or something like that.

Steve, I will look at the ToU on Steve Goods site one more time to be sure I am not violating the spirit of his intended use.

And yes I am tracing and tweaking his images. I tried importing the pdf into Corel draw and I only get one page, the cover. I can’t seem to get all the layers to import. Since you pointed out that you can get vectors from his PDF files I have found a work around. I can load each page independently and get the vectors. I know I must be doing something wrong but for the life of me, I cannot seem to work it out. Therefore, I trace them out. At least it is good practice.

Steve Clarkson
12-08-2009, 9:07 PM
James.

No, I wasn't implying that YOU are violating Steve Goode's ToU......I just thought OTHER people should be aware of them.

When I import his files, I usually choose page two through whatever (say page 9) and it throws them all on top of each other.....then I just ungroup and separate them.....unless it's a detailed pattern, then I import them one page at a time.......but even then, it has to be faster than tracing them. Also, sometimes when you import a PDF, it will put each page on a different layer......I didn't notice this a couple times.....so if you import a pdf and only see the first page......check other layers in your Object Manager docker.

Dave Lock
12-09-2009, 4:59 PM
Don't know if this is going to help. When I import multiple page PDF files they come out in CorelDraw V12 as separate pages rather than layers, identified by the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

James Jaragosky
12-09-2009, 8:18 PM
Don't know if this is going to help. When I import multiple page PDF files they come out in CorelDraw V12 as separate pages rather than layers, identified by the tabs at the bottom of the screen.

Dave, I use X3 and I do have the tabs on the bottom. They import blank.
I did learn that if I identify the pages that have photos in them and only import the pages with vectors that all the pages that I do import turn out as they should.
I will continue to work on the issue.
Jim J.