PDA

View Full Version : Jet fence on a Uni

Mike Cruz
12-07-2009, 7:35 PM
Does anyone know if a Jet Micro Glide Precission Rip Fence will work on a Uni with a Biesmeyer Fence system?

I have been looking for an extra rip fence as a sacraficial one, and found one on CL. Of course, I don't want to buy it if it won't work on my rail system.

Thanks.

Bill Huber
12-07-2009, 9:15 PM
Why not just put a board on the side of the fence you have, won't that be a lot easier?

Mike Cruz
12-07-2009, 9:32 PM
Of course I could. But that's not the point. Sorry, no disrespect intended. Just prefer not to have to add, take off, readjust, check for parallel, and everything that goes with adding a board or sacrafic surface. Much easier to change fences....

Bill Huber
12-07-2009, 10:14 PM
Of course I could. But that's not the point. Sorry, no disrespect intended. Just prefer not to have to add, take off, readjust, check for parallel, and everything that goes with adding a board or sacrafic surface. Much easier to change fences....

I have a Mule fence and I just put a planed flat board on it and away I go. It not like I have to adjust anything.

From the way everyone talks about the Biesmeyer Fence its about the best out there. You could just get a pair of Universal Fence Clamps and that would be about all you need.

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=17821&filter=fence

Mike Cruz
12-07-2009, 10:26 PM
Orrrrrrrrr, I could use another fence....IF it fit. Like, maybe a Jet Micro Glide Precission Rip Fence, if it fit...

Anyone know if it does?