PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
12-07-2009, 9:13 AM
7 Dec 2009

Good Morning,
Well, the LOML and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on 3 Dec. We had a nice dinner that was prepared by our kids, complete with wine glasses filled with iced tea. We were given a Starbucks gift card good for a coffee drink of our choice, so we left the house to the kids and went and enjoyed out time away with a quiet time at Starbucks drinking latte' and cappuccino and talking about where the time has gone.

I've been fighting a family of mice in my shop that seem to like my shop better than I do. I think I'm gaining ground and just wish I could have it over with.

I've started working on prepping some old reclaimed heart pine boards from my FIL's place to make some picture frames for the LOML and LOML Jr for Christmas presents. I am also working on about 4 cutting boards and I hope I have them sold already.

Christmas tree is now officially up, decorated, and the excitement is building for the kids.

That's it for me....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-07-2009, 9:22 AM
The LOML and I took Friday afternoon off and traveled to Goldendale, WA. There we met up with our oldest grandson, his wife and one of our great-grandsons. While Sharon traveled to Norfolk/Virginia Beach in August to meet the new addition to the family, I hadn't. The 4 1/2 month old little guy sure liked PaaPaa's right shoulder. We returned Saturday afternoon after stopping at a little micro-brewery enroute. I had driven past this place for several years but never stopped. I bought several Christmas presents there for friends who are beer affecianados.

We had a chance to put our new USED Honda Pilot on the highway. I really like the ride and the way it drives.

Sunday I watched a little football while stealing a Larry Marley Christmas ornament design. If I get it perfected, I'll post pictures.

Glenn Clabo
12-07-2009, 9:54 AM
"I bought several Christmas presents there for friends who are beer affecianados.
"
Geez Fitz...you shouldn't have. ;)

Jim O'Dell
12-07-2009, 9:58 AM
We held our second annual North Texas Irish Setter Rescue party and fund raiser on Sat. afternoon-early evening. Lower turn out than last year because of the snow south of us earlier in the week. Several tha planned to come up changed because of other things. Several didn't show up, and we don't know why...yet. Drew names for the raffle, about 17 items. Raised probably around 1200.00 for the rescue fund.
Sunday we went to Dallas to see friends that were showing at a dog show. Ate lunch on the way back, and went home and watched the Giants kick the 'Boys around. We can't blame this one on Romo. :rolleyes:
I did walk through the shop and measure the inlet pipe on my cyclone for a guy that is finalizing his ductwork design so he can order parts and install while he is off work between Christmas and New Years.
Now I'm tired and wish I could go back home and go back to bed!! :D Jim.

Mitchell Andrus
12-07-2009, 10:17 AM
7 Dec 2009

Good Morning,
Well, the LOML and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on 3 Dec.

Congratulations. We're headed for #26 in March.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-07-2009, 10:50 AM
Happy Anniversary Dennis and to your beautiful bride!

Clabo....I didn't want you to feel bad so I didn't!:rolleyes: Besides, we disagree on so much I knew I could not pick one out that you'd like! But I tested them all before making that decision.:eek:

Mick David
12-07-2009, 1:57 PM
Finally finished the bed for my son that I've been working on for ~9 months. Will need to take some pics and post to SMC.

Felt great to get it done. The little guy was ecstatic.

Working with ash was an interesting experience. It's like I just discovered tearout. As a newbie, this was a big educational experience for me, but definitely worth it when I saw the reactions.