PDA

View Full Version : Roofing question...

Kelly C. Hanna
10-05-2004, 4:23 PM
I have a client who needs a roofer to repair two areas on his roof. I didn't know where to put this post, I hope it's ok here. Anyone in Dallas or FW know someone personally who is reliable and good?

Ken Garlock
10-05-2004, 7:16 PM
Check out the people at Swan Roofing in Plano. I used them when we built our house and they did a good job. It is a husband and wife company that has been around since 1981. Real nice people. Check out their website for starts: Swan Roofing (http://www.swanroofing.com/)

I used them because they handled the best roofing I could find on the internet, Malarkey up in Oregon. The roofing is type 1 fire rating and level 4 wind at 110 mph, with 50 yr warranty. That roof alone got me a 30% reduction in home owners insurance :)

Martin Shupe
10-05-2004, 9:06 PM
Kelly,

I just had my house re-roofed by Denton Trinity Roofing.

USAA recommended them as one of 2 preferred roofers.

I chose them because they hand nailed all the shingles.

I think the warranty is for 5 years.

They are out of Denton, 972-434-2664 is the metro number.

No affiliation except they just did my roof.

Kelly C. Hanna
10-05-2004, 11:27 PM
Thanks gentlemen! That should get him some good comparison info.

Ken Garlock
10-06-2004, 9:38 PM
USAA recommended them as one of 2 preferred roofers.

Hey Martin, another USAA man. :eek: I have been with them since 1965 when I was a "brown bar". They are the ones I got the 30% home owner discount from. As a matter of fact I have all my insurance with USAA. A top rated company with great customer service :)

Martin Shupe
10-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Hey Martin, another USAA man. :eek: I have been with them since 1965 when I was a "brown bar". They are the ones I got the 30% home owner discount from. As a matter of fact I have all my insurance with USAA. A top rated company with great customer service :)

I agree completely, Ken! They have all my insurance as well.

A 50 year roof! Wow! My shingles are good for 30 years, I think they guaranteed the labor for 5 years. So far so good!