PDA

View Full Version : Vortex Pulls In Again

Billy Tallant
12-07-2009, 1:36 AM
I've got a last minute order for 4 Bethlehem Olivewood pens. Didn't have the wood on hand, so I had to drive about 90 miles to Woodcraft store. Told the wife I would be in and out in about 15 minutes. That was my first mistake, stretching it like that. Nearly an hour later I walked out with the olivewood that I needed.

But I also came out with a Nova Precision Midi Chuck. I've only turned pens basically the last year since I started turning. So not sure what I'm going to even do with the chuck at this time. Just the Vortex was too strong & couldn't resist their sale price. $79.95 with 25mm & 50mm jaws. Ended up I got another $10 off due to a coupon promotion in flyer.

Steve Schlumpf
12-07-2009, 7:46 AM
Billy - congrats on your commission! It takes a lot of willpower to walk past some of those shiny tools but, seriously, a chuck will come in very handy! It opens things up for boxes, bowls, hollow forms, etc! Looking forward to seeing the Olivewood pens!

Bill Bulloch
12-07-2009, 8:37 AM
I thought I was the only one that did things like that... Since I suffer from the same lack of control, I am not able to help you with things like that----------but, I can help you with your problem of "What to do with it now". Mail it to me, I'll pay the shipping.