PDA

View Full Version : Bit of Corel x3 help please

Tom Bull
12-06-2009, 11:20 PM
I have managed to get OBJECT PROPERTIES docker and OBJECT MANAGER docker to both appear at the same time on one of my computers and find it to be very useful. The problem is I can't figure out how I got this good thing to happen. So my question is how do you get both dockers to show at the same time? I can get them to both be there and be tabbed, but I want to be able to see a half version of both at the same time.
Many thanks,
Tom

Jeff Bratt
12-07-2009, 12:23 AM
I can only speak to ver X4 - but this should apply to X3 too. You can have multiple docker windows floating wherever you want. If they are docked at the right side of the workspace, then they can be docked above each other, or layered "on top" of each other and accessible by tabs. If you have multiple dockers with tabs you can drag an individual tab off to a separate docker window. Then drag this docker back to the right-side docking area, but near the bottom of the screen to get both dockers visible together, vertically aligned one above the other. When dragging the docker back, make sure the shadow outline of the window is just a single line, and not a rectangle that covers the existing docker(s). You can get more than two dockers stacked one above another...

Tom Bull
12-07-2009, 1:47 AM
Thanks a million. I just wonder how in the world I did that by accident.

Jeff Bratt
12-07-2009, 3:11 AM
When dragging windows around on the screen, it is very easy to get them in positions that you had no idea they could be in. All this dragging and docking is very helpful for positioning things on-screen just the way you want, but most people don't change the default layouts at all. This is simply because it's often difficult to know what is possible, and can be frustrating when you can't put something back that you didn't mean to change - but don't know how you did it in the first place. At least you liked the change you discovered...

Tom Bull
12-07-2009, 10:02 PM
These are two things that I use a lot. Don't know what I would do without the object manager, and it saves a lot of time using the object properties straight from the docker so I don't have to tab back and forth to see how things are set.