PDA

View Full Version : Did a show for the first time..

Dennis McGarry
12-06-2009, 9:24 PM
Well I found out a week ago that my kids school was having a breakfast with santa and holiday craft fair. They still had a few vendor spots open so I said what the heck and signed up.

25.00 fee, they provided the 6ft table.

Show was on sat, from 8-noon.

I managed to sell 9 pens, made two contacts for wood, and even sold a high end pen, my irish bog oak in a navigator kit.

Total sales for the morning was just under 300.00

Very happy with it. Lots of cards taken, not given out, and lots of compliments as well. Here are a couple pics of my small display.

Kenneth Whiting
12-06-2009, 9:32 PM
Congrats on your first show.

Bernie Weishapl
12-06-2009, 9:45 PM
Congrats on your first show and sales.

Steve Schlumpf
12-06-2009, 10:57 PM
Dennis - congrats! Nice looking display layout! Glad to hear of all your sales! Gots to make you feel good!

Jamie Straw
12-06-2009, 11:01 PM
That's great success, Dennis, especiallly for only 4 hours of time! Good for gettin' your name out there, too. Is there a picture somewhere her of that "Irish bog oak in navigator kit"?

Billy Tallant
12-07-2009, 1:24 AM
Congrats on your sale. Great looking display also. I teach school & that is a great place to get your name into. I've had a lot of business this past year from teachers wanting pen sets for gifts.

Dennis McGarry
12-07-2009, 8:35 AM
That's great success, Dennis, especiallly for only 4 hours of time! Good for gettin' your name out there, too. Is there a picture somewhere her of that "Irish bog oak in navigator kit"?

Ask and ye shall receive...

She was sanded only to 600 grit, then two coats of med ca, and left a little rough. It is nice OLD wood and wanted to keep the feel of it as wood and not plastic, nor the look.

Jamie Straw
12-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Ask and ye shall receive...

She was sanded only to 600 grit, then two coats of med ca, and left a little rough. It is nice OLD wood and wanted to keep the feel of it as wood and not plastic, nor the look.

A very handsome pen, I like your approach with the finish. Thanks for the pics, Dennis.

Harvey Ghesser
12-07-2009, 9:33 PM
Congratulations on the sales, Jamie! Very nice display!:)

Harv

Steven DeMars
12-07-2009, 9:40 PM
Well I found out a week ago that my kids school was having a breakfast with santa and holiday craft fair. They still had a few vendor spots open so I said what the heck and signed up.

25.00 fee, they provided the 6ft table.

Show was on sat, from 8-noon.

I managed to sell 9 pens, made two contacts for wood, and even sold a high end pen, my irish bog oak in a navigator kit.

Total sales for the morning was just under 300.00

Very happy with it. Lots of cards taken, not given out, and lots of compliments as well. Here are a couple pics of my small display.

You did good . . .

Jamie Straw
12-07-2009, 11:26 PM
Congratulations on the sales, Jamie! Very nice display!:)

Harv

OOOOOps, that was DENNIS who had the great first show! I can only dream at this point.;)