PDA

View Full Version : View from the roof

Greg Tatum
10-05-2004, 2:59 PM
While I can't see Mt Saint Helens from my house, I can see the larger ash plumes while standing on the roof....what I can see is Mt Rainier....hope this one stays quiet....pics are with a small digital set to low rez.

Greg

Jack Hogoboom
10-05-2004, 8:29 PM
Beautiful view. I was there in my youth and still remember the trip.

Thanks for sharing.

Jack

Scott Coffelt
10-05-2004, 9:35 PM
I love that area. My aunt and grandfather lived there for many, many years. When younger, I would fly out and spend 4-5 weeks with them in the summer. He'd keep me busy and I always had some funds in the pocket to buy models and such to work on. I'd try and help him with things around the house, but wasn't the hardest worker... he did have the tools, often 2 and 3 of the same thing. I loved visiting him, he passed away while I was in high school. My aunt would always take me to see things and every year Mt. Rainier was always on the top of the list. She has moved down south to Raymond. Harder to get out there now days with work and a family, but we did go out about 6 years ago for 2 weeks. They usually spend the summers there and the winters in SoCal. I hope to go out soon,as my son has not been there yet.

I was actually out in Tacoma during the eruptions in May of 1980. I used to have some ash in a plastic container but it cracked and disappeared.

Wade Samuelson
10-06-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey I recognize that hill! Yeah, here's another vote for it NOT to erupt!