PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone seen a lock like this?

Russell Tribby
12-06-2009, 5:59 PM
I'm replicating a couple of gun cabinets and need to track down the lock shown in the pictures below. The locking tab is housed in the square. When locked the tab rests against the backside of the opposite door. I've looked online and haven't had much luck.

John Downey
12-06-2009, 6:15 PM
Looks like this one:

That's from Rockler, look for "snap in lock"

Personally, I'd use a nice mortise lock or half mortise lock, they're kinda fun :D

David DeCristoforo
12-06-2009, 6:24 PM
If you do an internet search for "desk drawer lock", you will find many similar locks. Probably not going to find one with the same "look" as the one in your picture which appears to be an older piece of hardware. But there are many locks that use the same idea. Surface mounted with a tab that slides behind a fixed element like the inside of a face frame or an adjacent door that is bolted from inside before the locking door is closed. Van Dykes has a lot of similar locks in brass. (vandykes.com)

Russell Tribby
12-06-2009, 7:28 PM
Thanks guys. I ended up getting the locks from Rockler. Their prices aren't the best but they had free shipping and my order qualified for a freed $20 gift card so maybe it all balanced out.
David, I had checked Van Dykes already but didn't have much luck. However, the amount of stuff that they carry is dizzying!!!