PDA

View Full Version : Review: Euro Handle It

Bill ThompsonNM
12-06-2009, 3:50 PM
Just a quick review.. I just put handles on 8 cabinet doors using a drawer/door handle jig called the "Euro Handle It" which I purchased from McFeeleys. I was pleasantly surprised, I've usually made up a jig from scraps, but it was easy to set up and worked quite well. If I remember correctly it was around $30+ so it wasn't a big investment. The parts are plastic polycarbonate which should be very durable and the two drilling guides are hardened steel so you can drill right through them.
If you do drill through the guide, remember to make sure the top and bottom fences are against the door! Unlike marking for the position, you don't get a second chance to look at the mark and decide your jig wasn't in the correct position. It has fences for 45 deg and 90 degree positioning, the drill guides are movable for a wide range of widths. Markings on the jig are both metric and english. It has a centerline mark so you can even use it for wide drawers or very wide handles.

All in all good value for the money.

Off the topic.. as usual I once again get out the hardware and realize the included metric bolts are not long enough to fit through my cabinet doors. Longer ones not available at the local BORG, of course, and I really don't like the looks of countersinking the bolts 1/4 inch on the backside.. so the knobs are ready but I'm awaiting some breakaway metric bolts before installation.