PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Driftmaster problem

David Schmaus
12-06-2009, 12:47 PM
I'm trying to install the driftmaster on my Laguna lt16. I must be missing something because the area that the fence rides on does not clear the brackets that hold it to the table. Any ideas?

Ken Garlock
12-06-2009, 2:59 PM
Hello David. When I installed my Drift Master on my Mini Max 16, I followed the instructions as best I could. I ran into a problem some what like your. I had to play with flat mounting bracket that connects the frence rail to the saw top. I loosened bracket at both ends and mounted the fence to the rail and positioned the fence on the table top. One or two tries gave me a solution that had the mounting brackets extended above the table top, definitely an unusable solution. I ended up with the fence rail slid back toward the rear of the saw, but with still enough length to allow the fence to cover the nearly the entire table top. Sliding the rail toward the back allows the bracket to extend to a more horizontal position. It will not cover the last couple inches beyond the blade, and that is OK with me.

When I installed my DM fence it took darn near a full day. So, take your time.

As you have no doubt noticed, the instruction pictures create an intense low-pressure area---THEY SUCK.

Richard McComas
12-06-2009, 3:40 PM
I don't know if these are much help but here's some Drift Master install instruction I found on the internet.

http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/lagunadriftmasterfenceinstallonminimaxmm20bandsawr eplacingtheoriginalfence/

http://www.lagunasupport.com/manuals/accessories/driftmaster/driftmaster.pdf

The last half the this video has some installing instructions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zucJs-K4iA

Mike Heidrick
12-06-2009, 4:22 PM
That first link is great. ;)

Mikie - author

David Schmaus
12-06-2009, 6:02 PM
Hello David. When I installed my Drift Master on my Mini Max 16, I followed the instructions as best I could. I ran into a problem some what like your. I had to play with flat mounting bracket that connects the frence rail to the saw top. I loosened bracket at both ends and mounted the fence to the rail and positioned the fence on the table top. One or two tries gave me a solution that had the mounting brackets extended above the table top, definitely an unusable solution. I ended up with the fence rail slid back toward the rear of the saw, but with still enough length to allow the fence to cover the nearly the entire table top. Sliding the rail toward the back allows the bracket to extend to a more horizontal position. It will not cover the last couple inches beyond the blade, and that is OK with me.

When I installed my DM fence it took darn near a full day. So, take your time.

As you have no doubt noticed, the instruction pictures create an intense low-pressure area---THEY SUCK.

Yes, the instructions suck.. I think I am going to have my 10 year old rewrite them and send them over to Laguna.. Might even have my 4 year old color the pictures. They would be easier to see...

Seriously, how embarassing is it to release those instructions to customers. I just don't get it.

Thank you for the link. That will help. Out to the garage!!!

richard poitras
12-06-2009, 6:41 PM
Richard thanks for posting the Drift Master install instruction videos. I am getting one with the saw I ordered (be here on Monday) so it should be very helpful to me in my installation.