PDA

View Full Version : First Craft Fair

Matt Newton
12-06-2009, 9:58 AM
This past Sat. I participated in my first craft fair at my local church. It was a great experience. I sold 6 bowls and about 8 or 9 bottle stoppers. Not a huge fair but it definitely was worth it for me. Got lots of compliments and ideas from the other venders and customers. I still have a problem pricing my stuff but in talking to the other artists, I'm not alone. It's nice to see that people other than friends and family like my work. Thanks to all on this site for your continuing support.

Richard Madison
12-06-2009, 10:10 AM
Congrats on your successful show Matt. I'd call that a good result. Pricing is always a challenge and depends a lot on your particular venue. A piece that might sell for $95 here would bring $150 or more in a more upscale market.

Kenneth Whiting
12-06-2009, 10:20 AM
Congratulations on your first show. Must be a fine and nervous milestone to pass.

On pricing you are definitely not alone. When I put pencil to paper the way I've been told to, it always seems like too much. I'm never comfortable telling someone how much a piece costs.

Steve Schlumpf
12-06-2009, 10:28 AM
Matt - congrats on your first show - and a successful one at that! Any chance you have any photos to share of your setup? Always cool to see how everyone displays their turnings.

Matt Newton
12-06-2009, 3:07 PM
Sorry Steve, no pics. I just put the bowls out and used a half log with holes drilled in it to display the stoppers.

Jim Kountz
12-06-2009, 4:06 PM
Congrats Matt, with this one behind you do you think there will be more in your future?

Bernie Weishapl
12-06-2009, 9:06 PM
Congrats on your first fair and your success.

Billy Tallant
12-07-2009, 1:26 AM
Congratulations on your 1st show...