PDA

View Full Version : Drywall Screwdrivers

Tom Peterson
10-05-2004, 12:55 PM
Any favorites out there and pro's and con's on Drywall Screwdrivers? Need one for ocassional use. I've used a Milwaukee before but leaning towards a Dewalt.

Jim Becker
10-05-2004, 12:59 PM
I have a Dewalt that I bought many years ago for a basement project. No real complaints...works as advertised and the weight is manageable.

Ken Fitzgerald
10-05-2004, 1:49 PM
I've got a Dewalt that I bought for a bathroom remodel. Works well.

Ted Shrader
10-05-2004, 2:19 PM
Tom -

There is a $99 Senco belt feed at HD that works very well. Don't own one, but borrowed one from a guy here at work. May get one when the next 10% off coupon comes.

Ted

Christian Aufreiter
10-05-2004, 2:22 PM
No experience here, all drywalls were done by my dad many years ago and he used a basic hammer drill.
However, if I were out for a drywall screwdriver I'd have a close look at Fein. Had the chance to check them out at a show and was impressed of their ergonomics.
Another alternative might be those magazine screwdrivers, for example http://www.holzher.kmreich.de/html/e_holz_her_produkte.html

Regards,

Christian

Bob Winkler
10-05-2004, 3:04 PM
I have the DeWalt and it works as advertised. When I bought mine a couple of years ago, they had 2 models, one high-speed for drywall only, one mid speed for drywall and decks, etc. I got the mid speed because I thought it would be versatile. It did a lot of drywall just fine- haven't used it for a deck yet.

Bob

Dan Mages
10-05-2004, 4:33 PM
I've been using my 9.6v cordless drill with a drywall bit and that works just fine.

Dan