PDA

View Full Version : David Marks is back on YouTube !

Blair Glenn
12-05-2009, 2:42 PM
I helped David to do a presentation yesterday on some of his furniture. It is not a very long production but is well worth watching! If you like it, please comment on it and or rate it. His YouTube presence will only grow if he gets lots of high ratings and comments. Also, forwarding this to other woodworkers will help him out immensely. His television program is no longer being aired in the U.S. but I intend to help him produce programs for YouTube. You will not be disappointed and future educational clips will be of great value.

There is another set of clips on different woods that is being edited at this time and will also be available soon.

Click on the link to check out the most recent video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNPEDMcZtz0&feature=related (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNPEDMcZtz0&feature=related)

Thanks,

Blair

Carroll Courtney
12-05-2009, 4:33 PM
Thanks for the link,I have always enjoyed watching Davids shows and I think that he was the best for furniture and anything else he made.I hate it when he was remove from the PBS channels.Carroll Courtney

Leigh Betsch
12-05-2009, 9:21 PM
Just plain incredible!

Tony Shea
12-05-2009, 9:43 PM
WOW! Checking out some of his projects other than the ones on the video posted above. All I can say is AMAZING. This guy is talented.

Rich Enders
12-06-2009, 11:03 AM
His work is exceptional as we have seen over the years. However there is something about his voice or tone or presentation that puts me to sleep, and I wonder if that had something to do with being pulled from PBS.

Am I the only one who feels this way? My personal suggestion would be to have someone else narrate his work.

scott vroom
12-06-2009, 11:26 AM
He's obviously a very talented artist, however in my opinion his pieces would do better in a museum than in the average house. Too ornate for my taste.

David Perata
12-06-2009, 4:53 PM
Blair, when you say you helped with his presentation, how so? Do you have anything to do with video production? Thanks.

Peter Quinn
12-06-2009, 8:58 PM
Blair, do you work with DJ marks on video production? I have a quandary and I wonder if David has ever had any though on the subject.

I understand why DIY might not want to run Wood works any more. They are the lowest common denominator of DIY trash IMO and he is a consummate artist and craftsman. I never saw that as a good fit. What I don't understand is why they don't do ANYTHING with that content outside of their broadcast arena. I mean, the series is an excellent introduction class to basic modern fine wood working if watched in its entirety, it shouldn't be that hard to produce into a package that could be sold to an audience more focused on fine wood working. He has great name recognition in the professional and amateur wood working community. Any chance of turning that now defunct show into a DVD series? I have been in morning since my DVR went down and took every episode of Woodworks with it!

It has always been my suspicion that the DIY network is too busy searching for the next handsome person to pin nail some MDF sprayed with latex into some strange corner cubby in a remodeled attic to consider what a great and valuable educational tool they already have in their possession. Perhaps they are not the right ones to actually do anything with it?

Anyway, thanks for the link and info.

Don Jarvie
12-08-2009, 2:47 PM
TV is all about ratings and DIY netwook or HGTV is no exception. If the yard renovations draw more viewers then you get more yard renovations.

PBS seems to be the exception since most of there money comes from the viewers and Uncle Sam so they can put on shows like NYW and the like that cater to a niche group and keep it on.

YOu would have to think that Norm would last a year or two on DIY or be stuck on at 2 AM since only woodowrkers would watch and not many casual viewers.