PDA

View Full Version : Wood fired boiler update

Mark J Bachler
10-05-2004, 9:51 AM
I have the wood fired boiler stove set up with the pump & outside piping all attached. I put a small 20 gal hot water heater in line on the hot side of the wood stove to keep the water warm (hopefully) when the when fire goes out. I知 adding about 30% RV anti freeze to the water just in case. I have the copper water pipes insulated & enclosed in a 4" PVC pipe & buried to the shop (about 10 ft.). I put up a 6 x 8 steel shed over the stove, pump & hot water heater. I致e got the radiators mounted to the walls in the shop & the electrical run. Next step is to run the inside plumbing & test for leaks (keeping fingers crossed). I have to hook up the hydrostat to the auto damper and attach the thermostat to the radiator fans. I知 going to let the pump run continuously. Firewood is cut & stacked. Hopefully by the end of next week I値l have heat in the shop. Just in time, 22 deg last night & my pumpkin is frosty.

Jim Becker
10-05-2004, 11:03 AM
Mark, old buddy, old pal....PICTURES??!! :D

Seriously, I'm really interested in seeing your setup.

Steve Clardy
10-05-2004, 11:18 AM
Yes. PICS PICS PICS.

Steve

Mark J Bachler
10-05-2004, 12:04 PM
Mark, old buddy, old pal....PICTURES??!! :D

Seriously, I'm really interested in seeing your setup.
Okey Dokey I'll take a few for ya. Hopefully without water running down my shop walls.

Frank Pellow
10-05-2004, 12:16 PM
Sounds like something I might be able to do at my cabin some day. So, like others, I am awaiting pictures.

Chris Padilla
10-05-2004, 6:44 PM
Pictures all ready gosh darn it anyhow!!! :mad: :mad: