PDA

View Full Version : Looking for opinions on the Drift Master Fence

Richard McComas
12-04-2009, 11:27 PM
If you own one please tell me how you like it, is it well made and accurate?

Jeff Willard
12-04-2009, 11:54 PM
Love mine. Rock solid, versatile, and I can baloney slice 3/64" veneer consistently. I waited it out and got mine during a $100 off promo, but I wouldn't have been disappointed had I paid full price. Laguna has videos covering set up and use on their site. Check them out if you haven't already.

Steve Rozmiarek
12-05-2009, 2:50 AM
+1, great fence on my old Oliver.

Mike Heidrick
12-05-2009, 3:00 AM
It has really changed my ability to resaw accurately. I really like mine on my MM20.

Jim Dailey
12-05-2009, 1:21 PM
It was really a significant step up over the MM20's stock fence.

It's a great addition to the saw. I picked mine up when it was on sale on the Amazon site.

jim

Bruce Wrenn
12-05-2009, 10:44 PM
If you are using a 14" BS, with crowned tires, correct the alignment. With a sharp blade, if cut is to the right (facing saw), bring blade forward on upper wheel. It cut is to the left, track blade towards back of wheel.

Richard McComas
12-05-2009, 11:03 PM
If you are using a 14" BS, with crowned tires, correct the alignment. With a sharp blade, if cut is to the right (facing saw), bring blade forward on upper wheel. It cut is to the left, track blade towards back of wheel.I just ordered an Agazzina B24 from Eagle Tools and was interested in the Drift Master more for it's claimed ability to move the fence in precise measurements for sawing veneers.

Mike Heidrick
12-05-2009, 11:25 PM
I just ordered an Agazzina B24 from Eagle Tools and was interested in the Drift Master more for it's claimed ability to move the fence in precise measurements for sawing veneers.

Rich it really does work well in moving in precise increments. And it does that VERY QUICKLY as well.

Richard McComas
12-05-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guy. Between your comments and others from some different forums I think I'm sold. I have not had anyone who owns a Drift Master say anything bad about them.