PDA

View Full Version : Charity gloat

David E Keller
12-04-2009, 10:24 PM
I recently sent a bunch of pens and bottle stoppers along with a few small boxes and bowls to my mother so that she could sell them at a church fundraiser. All proceeds were given to a discretionary fund that is used to help people with medical expenses. Mom is apparently a hell of a salesperson because my items brought in $1500 dollars for the fund!

I've learned that gloats require photo evidence, so I'll include the two really poor photos that my mom sent me of the set-up. Sorry about the quality of the pics.

134360 134361

Rick Hutcheson
12-04-2009, 10:38 PM
That is great. Glad to see people like you willing to donate to good causes. And I am also greatful to the buyers that support the events.

Steve Schlumpf
12-04-2009, 11:03 PM
David - that is some great news! Mom must be one heck of a sales person! I am sure the charity was thrilled with the results! Thanks for sharing!

Bernie Weishapl
12-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Congrats David. Mom is a heck of a sales person. Glad to see it raised some money for a good cause.

Jeff Nicol
12-05-2009, 7:01 AM
David, It looks like you have been busy on the lathe and the church sure must have been happy with all your hard work also! Great cause and keep the curls flying!

Jeff