PDA

View Full Version : Setting FM stations on a Sirius radio

Mitchell Andrus
12-04-2009, 2:17 PM
I can't figure this out.

I've got the ST4(a) model and I'd like to put it in my car once in a while. The unit comes pre-set with one FM station set to 88.1. In my area there's a strong signal on 88.1. There's room for other FM settings but I can't get the darned thing to play along.

#2-5 show <empty>. No matter what I've tried I can't get a new frequency number to show on the screen let alone 'stick'.

There're no instructions on the Sirius site and the instruction book just says that you can do it but no how to do it.

Anyone know how to do this?

Carlos Alden
12-04-2009, 2:20 PM
I can't figure this out.

I've got the ST4(a) model and I'd like to put it in my car once in a while. The unit comes pre-set with one FM station set to 88.1. In my area there's a strong signal on 88.1. There's room for other FM settings but I can't get the darned thing to play along.

#2-5 show <empty>. No matter what I've tried I can't get a new frequency number to show on the screen let alone 'stick'.

There're no instructions on the Sirius site and the instruction book just says that you can do it but no how to do it.

Anyone know how to do this?

You need to find someone under 20 to do this. They have been designed with an age sensor and will not function if the circuit detects "oldness.":)

Carlos

Mitchell Andrus
12-04-2009, 3:07 PM
You need to find someone under 20 to do this. They have been designed with an age sensor and will not function if the circuit detects "oldness.":)

Carlos

Yea, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Doug W Swanson
12-04-2009, 9:43 PM
I found it on page 96 here:

http://www.sirius.com/pdf/manuals/ST4-Installation-User-Guide-011707b.pdf

If it's at all possible, you should get a direct connection between your Sirius radio and your car radio. Then you don't have to worry about FM interference. It sounds 1,000 times better that way.

Hope this helps...
Doug

Mitchell Andrus
12-04-2009, 10:54 PM
Thanks. I'll have a shot at it tomorrow. It looks like I'm getting stuck in menu hell.