PDA

View Full Version : This Sux!!

Tyler Howell
10-05-2004, 6:03 AM
Today's post brought treasures from the east.
The Festool CT Mini arrived in its typical secure manner.
I needed something for "on the go" and this filled the bill. I have an assortment of shop Vacs and unloaded a couple at my recent sale.
I really like the secure nesting feature with Fes Systainers. It's very stable even with its top heavy load.
Quiet and plenty-o-suck, it's a nice compliment to the Festool power tools.:cool:
Thanks uncle Bob.

Gary Max
10-05-2004, 6:11 AM
I should of bought one when I got my sander. Oh well maybe next year.
Just can't keep up with the Tyler's and Jones.
Nice Gloat

Terry Quiram
10-05-2004, 7:03 AM
I wish you and Dennis would stop showing us these Festool tools. You are going to make me go and buy one. :D

Terry

Brad Schmid
10-05-2004, 7:49 AM
Oh yeah, that's the ticket! very nice :cool:
now, if you could only find some green floormats to match... :D
cheers

Frank Pellow
10-05-2004, 7:54 AM
The vacuum is good, as you state, but it could sure benefit with a retractable (or even detachable) cord. It takes more time than I would like to wrap the cord around the two provided supports and, if I don't take enough care in this operation, I find that the cord unravels.

John Miliunas
10-05-2004, 8:05 AM
Congrats, Tyler! :) Nice score and one which is still on my own list! I'd love the adjustable suction, which the Festools offer. One of these years.... :cool:

Tyler Howell
10-05-2004, 8:29 AM
The vacuum is good, as you state, but it could sure benefit with a retractable (or even detachable) cord. It takes more time than I would like to wrap the cord around the two provided supports and, if I don't take enough care in this operation, I find that the cord unravels.Frank,
The nice thing about the Mini is the cord and hose wrap around the hanlde under the support tray. Quick easy task and they stay put.:cool:

Jim Becker
10-05-2004, 8:34 AM
I wish you and Dennis would stop showing us these Festool tools. You are going to make me go and buy one.
Nobody...can buy...just one.

Frank Pellow
10-05-2004, 8:53 AM

Right you are Jim.

Jack Hogoboom
10-05-2004, 9:19 AM
You guys are killing me with all this Festool stuff. How am I ever going to convince my wife that I need these tools? Uncle Bob needs to help us "have-nots" come up with a sales pitch for our spouses.

Oh well, Xmas is right around the corner....

Jack

Steve Clardy
10-05-2004, 11:32 AM
Hmmm. I stopped at one. But----I guess there's always a second chance for another----:rolleyes:

Steve:)

Frank Pellow
10-05-2004, 11:44 AM
Hmmm. I stopped at one. But----I guess there's always a second chance for another----:rolleyes:

Steve:)

Yes, but because of the great deal that you got, you hardly even bought one. And you have only had that one a short time. Maybe you are spoiled and are waiting for another bargain.

Steve Clardy
10-05-2004, 12:43 PM
Yes, but because of the great deal that you got, you hardly even bought one. And you have only had that one a short time. Maybe you are spoiled and are waiting for another bargain.
Hmmm. Well Yes I guess Frank. I can read your post several ways, and respond several ways. But I will refrain as it might not be nice.

Chris Padilla
10-05-2004, 6:48 PM
You $59 for a Festool guys got 'em for free...FACE IT! You were STEALING but fortunately for you, it was condoned...even encouraged by the manufacturer! ;)

Tyler Howell
10-05-2004, 7:03 PM
You $59 for a Festool guys got 'em for free...FACE IT! You were STEALING but fortunately for you, it was condoned...even encouraged by the manufacturer! ;)
I'll take a piece of that action!!! Details, Details!!:eek:

Frank Pellow
10-05-2004, 7:43 PM
Hmmm. Well Yes I guess Frank. I can read your post several ways, and respond several ways. But I will refrain as it might not be nice.

Steve, my comment was in jest.

I don't really resenet Festool trying to seed the progfessional market. It is you guys who can easily cost justify their tools. If I were a professional, I would have purchased at least $5000 worth of their tools by now.

Frank Pellow
10-05-2004, 7:45 PM
I'll take a piece of that action!!! Details, Details!!:eek:

You are too late and you have the wrong profession.

Jim Becker
10-05-2004, 8:31 PM
I'll take a piece of that action!!! Details, Details!!
Tyler, it was a limited time promotion for pros who were also first-time buyers with Festool. The rest of us had/have to pay regular price...minus the multi-tool discounts, of course!