PDA

View Full Version : Craigslist no response from seller...

Mike Goetzke
12-03-2009, 6:18 PM
...do you just forget about it or send tons of responses?

Mike

(OK - can't hold out I'm in the Chicago area and there is a new in crate Jet JJP-12 for $700. Oh, just though maybe he means $1700 and therefore no response?)

Jerome Hanby
12-03-2009, 6:59 PM
Some goof balls on CL will not respond to emails. Might want to double check the posting and see if they listed a phone number. Barring that, I would hit their email a few times. If they're just lax about checking their email, then your multiple entries will stand out and they may call you first since you look like you mean business.

Eric DeSilva
12-03-2009, 7:03 PM
Hate to say it, but he may have someone and isn't responding to you in case the first sale (or second, or third, or whatever) doesn't pan out. Whenever I've sold things on CL, I've always tried to email promptly to say "someone else is buying it, but I'll get in touch with you if they flake out." But, not everyone does that.

On the other hand, it might just be someone away from their email. I emailed a guy about a machine, didn't hear back, then got a call out of the blue. He posted the ad then left town. Go figure.

Ben Martin
12-03-2009, 7:19 PM
...do you just forget about it or send tons of responses?

Mike

(OK - can't hold out I'm in the Chicago area and there is a new in crate Jet JJP-12 for $700. Oh, just though maybe he means $1700 and therefore no response?)

No, he meant $700, are you free on Saturday to help me get it into my basement?

J/K :D

Kent A Bathurst
12-03-2009, 7:21 PM
That's cold. Funny, but cold. At that price, reckon it fell off the back of a truck somewhere?:D

Bob Vavricka
12-03-2009, 9:35 PM
Mike,
I thought that machine number and dollar amount looked familiar--I just got through looking at Oklahoma City Craig's List and there is one listed there for the same dollar amount--no phone no. just the Craig's List e-mail address--seems like more than a coincidence.
Bob V.

Mike Goetzke
12-04-2009, 12:43 AM
Mike,
I thought that machine number and dollar amount looked familiar--I just got through looking at Oklahoma City Craig's List and there is one listed there for the same dollar amount--no phone no. just the Craig's List e-mail address--seems like more than a coincidence.
Bob V.

WARNING:

i saw on another forum that this is a scam to get your e-mail. He also has a new uni for$600.

Michael Wetzel
12-04-2009, 1:24 PM
WARNING:

i saw on another forum that this is a scam to get your e-mail. He also has a new uni for$600.

In a few days he will become the long lost prince from some unknown country and set to inherit $20,000,000 as soon as he sends them $50,000? :D

James White
12-04-2009, 3:40 PM
I am posting this in all the threads regarding this CL scam.

Her is the link they provided in there response. Notice the broken English in the faq.

http://www.toolsclearance.com/cms.php?id_cms=2

How do you report this to the authorities?

James

Dan Friedrichs
12-04-2009, 11:33 PM
How do you report this to the authorities?

There are countless people trying to scam others on the internet. I would think that particularly obvious attempts (such as this) are awfully low-priority issues for the authorities. Even if you fall for this, your credit card or PayPal should protect you. Move along, nothing to see here...

Aaron Berk
12-05-2009, 8:59 PM
I'm selling a craftsman table saw (contractor series) and have had 5 ppl promise me the world that they would be here on such and such day. Well after mulitiple phone conversations and emails with each one of these individuals they just vanished of the earth.

I can see right through most scams, and none of these ppl promised any funds via USPS or any such nonsense, they were all fellow woodworkers who talked about their projects they planed to use the saw for, so where did they go?:confused:

Al Willits
12-06-2009, 10:50 AM
I'm selling a craftsman table saw (contractor series) and have had 5 ppl promise me the world that they would be here on such and such day. Well after mulitiple phone conversations and emails with each one of these individuals they just vanished of the earth.

I can see right through most scams, and none of these ppl promised any funds via USPS or any such nonsense, they were all fellow woodworkers who talked about their projects they planed to use the saw for, so where did they go?:confused:

Probably told the wife what they were gonna do, then she told them what they weren't going to do...:D

Wonder if these people sell stereo equiptment out of white vans too?

Hard to say what happens sometimes, but I rarely do business over the web, and if I do, I don't always depend on it going though.

Al..don't gamble what you can't afford to lose.