PDA

View Full Version : Oh look what showed up in the mail today!

David Schmaus
12-03-2009, 5:53 PM
Just thought I would post a few pictures of my new bandsaw that came today. I will probably do a full write up on it later but I can say one thing. Laguna did a wonderfull job packing and crating the unit. If they had not built such a great cage around it the saw would of been trashed by the carrier.

If anyone is thinking about getting this saw give Tim at Laguna a call. The deals are really good. I picked up the saw, 1" resaw blade, Driftmaster and free shipping..

This is the unit after I took the straps and cardboard off. Very well packed.

This is the damage from the shipper. Didnt hurt the saw at all

Let the fun begin...

Dean Karavite
12-03-2009, 6:14 PM
Count me as officially jealous, envious... I have been going over their stuff lately and it seems very nice. I hear bad things about their customer service, but the saws are supposed to be a whole other level of machine.

What model is that? Is it a 3000 series?

Have fun and enjoy.

Dean Karavite
12-03-2009, 6:15 PM
P.S. You must have one strong mailman! :)

David Schmaus
12-03-2009, 6:21 PM
Yea the 3000. The one that shows $1795 on the website. Hey I heard the same thing on CS but talked to a few locally that have them and decided to go for it. So far I have been very pleased. Tim at Laguna has been very prompt answerering all my questions. (Not sure if he is the only sales rep or just who I got)

Greg Peterson
12-03-2009, 8:20 PM
P.S. You must have one strong mailman! :)

And one big mail box.

Congrats on the new saw.

David Schmaus
12-03-2009, 8:26 PM
And one big mail box.

Congrats on the new saw.

Yea no kidding! Actually I should give props to the ABF drivers. They brought it up the driveway, in the garage and helped me get it off the crate..

Bill Huber
12-03-2009, 9:08 PM
I don't see what you are going to do with it, there is no table or blade..:rolleyes:

Nice looking saw and I am sure glad there was no damage.

and yes you suck!

Joe Wiliams
12-03-2009, 10:20 PM
I don't see what you are going to do with it, there is no table or blade..:rolleyes:

Kinda like playing air guitar:p

Mike Cruz
12-03-2009, 10:25 PM
Nice! Jealous isn't the word....

richard poitras
12-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Tim at Laguna has been very prompt answerering all my questions. (Not sure if he is the only sales rep or just who I got)

Dave congratulations on the new saw. Looks like you’ll be ripping in no time.. I have been working with Tim as well in regards to a new saw along with the driftmaster fence and blades.

From my understanding Tim is taking care of the web crowd and set me up with a very good deal as well. Mine is supposed to arrive on Monday (LT18). So I hope I have as good as luck as you did in receiving the saw undamaged. (I hear to may horror stories about bandsaw shipments) I look forward on hearing your review of the saw.

Enjoy Richard

Harold Burrell
12-04-2009, 12:08 AM
Nice saw!

Tell you what...

If you'll give it to me, I will come and pick it up for free.

You won't even have to thank me.

Jeff Willard
12-04-2009, 9:33 AM

And the starter is mounted on the wrong side of the column :eek:.

Seriously though, I bought the LT14SUV back in June. They are in a whole 'nother league. And the Driftmaster is a very slick arrangement. Congrats.