PDA

View Full Version : Source for Unfinished Walnut Panel

Ralph Okonieski
12-03-2009, 1:32 PM
I'm trying to find a source for an unfinished Walnut panel, either 3/4 inch or 13/16 inch thickness with minimum dimensions of 26 inch width x 60 inches in length. Van dykes Restorers does sell panels of this type but not that dimension.

I could make one up but my workshop is really small and the combination of length and width make it more difficult.

Thanks in advance.

Larry Fox
12-03-2009, 1:44 PM
Do you need it to be solid or can it be a veneered panel? If it can be veneered you have plywood as an option and you also have a shop-made panel if you have the capability of resaw and vac press. I did one about that width and about 4' long for a project I recently completed and it came out very well. With shop-cut veneer you have control over the veneer thickness, the stock used, and the match.

Jason Strauss
12-03-2009, 3:18 PM
Ralph,

I don't know if you have Menards in your part of Ohio, and I can't speak to the quality, but they carry a 3/4" walnut plywood. It's a special order item at the store near me in NW Indiana, and pretty spendy, too - certainly over $100 for a 4x8 sheet. Good luck!