PDA

View Full Version : Woodworks Bummer

Thomas Prondzinski
10-04-2004, 9:15 PM
Tuned in to DIY to watch woodworks and it was replace with some crafting show.Then I looked at the schedule and they change morning times also,I'll be at work double bummer.

Thanks for listening to my rant

Tom

Don Abele
10-04-2004, 9:18 PM
Tom, that's one of the reasons I absolutely love my satellite dish with Ultimate TV - I tell it what phrases to look for, or specific show titles and poof! whenever they are on it records them. In any given week we record about 10-20 hours worth of woodworking and home improvement shows (of course about 1/2 of them are re-runs).

Be well,

Doc

sascha gast
10-05-2004, 3:34 AM
tivo, now is the time to get tivo.

Kelly C. Hanna
10-05-2004, 8:09 AM
I have to concur, I have the Dish PVR (like Tivo) and it recordd things for me when I'm out...nothing better!

Craig Colvin
10-05-2004, 11:33 AM
I'll chime in here as a 3rd. Get a Tivo, it's almost better than a new piece of equipment for the shop. I haven't had to watch a live TV program (or a commercial) in over 4 years. And there are a lot of woodworking programs on at 2am-4am which I wouldn't get to see otherwise.

Roger Fitzsimonds
10-05-2004, 1:03 PM
I got the DVR for my cable hookup. Now my wife makes me copy or remove the woodworking shows because I have filled the hard drive. She didn't want to listen about lifetime tv programs just take up space that should be for wood working show, Thats why I got the thing in the first place. Once you use one they are hard to do without.

Roger

Michael Ballent
10-05-2004, 1:22 PM
I too will add to the chorus of getting a DVR from Dish Network, or a TIVO... Once you use it you will wonder how you watched TV before. Record any program at anytime and watch it later, and FF through the comercials, or Norm's safety talk (hint fast forward until he touches his glasses and hit play ;) )