PDA

View Full Version : I Have Fallen (deeper into the vortex), I will be OK

Steve Mawson
12-03-2009, 12:51 AM
Powermatic sale over the weekend just could not be ignored. Been looking for a long time so-----Ordered on Saturday, Shipped on Monday, Delivered to my warehouse today, put on forklift into my pickup for the short ride home. I found 630 lbs. can be unloaded by one person taking one piece at a time. Put it together, installed a 220 v plug and had it running before 9:00 PM. Everything lines up perfectly and is ready for turning. Lathe got here before the new inserts for my chucks. Pictures included.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-03-2009, 12:53 AM
Welcome to Club Mustard! Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy yours as much as I do mine!

Steve Schlumpf
12-03-2009, 12:55 AM
Congrats on your new lathe Steve! Have fun!

gary Zimmel
12-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Congrats on the new mustard monster Steve!

I've only had mine for a short while but sure do love it.

Sid Matheny
12-03-2009, 1:04 AM
Congrats on the new PM Steve! I know you will enjoy it. I worked for Powermatic for about 15 years untill the mid 80's here in McMinnville. When I got my Nova DVR XP I would have gotten a PM but just couldn't spend the extra money. Have fun.

Sid

Norm Zax
12-03-2009, 3:19 AM
You are definitely in the eye of the vortex and there to stay! Enjoy!!

alex carey
12-03-2009, 7:30 AM
cherish those pictures, it is the last time you will see your lathe that clean again.

Ken Glass
12-03-2009, 8:40 AM
Steve,
Welcome to Club Mustard. You will love your new lathe. Mine has never failed to impress me with its versatility. Sounds like we will be seeing some new turnings soon? Congrat's!

Alan Trout
12-03-2009, 8:47 AM
Steve,

Congratulations, it looks like it is going to be a fun holiday season of turning joy.

Alan

Harvey M. Taylor
12-03-2009, 8:48 AM
Steve, you are obviously an excellent organizer and material-handling expert. I had to cry out for help to assemble mine. As for the vortex, dont struggle to get out, it is useless. Save your strength for chainsawing and rounding out of balance blanks. I see much fun ahead for you, Max.

Joseph M Lary
12-03-2009, 9:41 AM
SWEET, I realy wanted one too. But went with the Jet, Kid In college getting the most of the money right now.Good Luck you pick up a winner.

Bill Bolen
12-03-2009, 12:02 PM
Congrat's Steve! Hope she proves to be trouble free and gets real dirty real quick...Bill..

Bob Bergstrom
12-03-2009, 12:10 PM
Boy, there sure are a lot of people loving those mustard monsters. Got mine last June and have barely used my table saw. I was wondering what percentage of our turning community have bought Powermatic compared to other large lathes. I'm sure there is a dominance. The sale price seems to be dropping lately. A friend just got his for 300 dollars less than I paid.

Keith Palmer
12-03-2009, 12:54 PM
Congrats Steve!! Still waiting for mine to arrive, but am very excited!!!

Ron Bontz
12-03-2009, 2:52 PM
I just wish I was as good at using my mustard as you will be. Congrats.:)

Bernie Weishapl
12-03-2009, 5:50 PM
Congrats Steve. What wonderful holiday you will be having.

Ken Fitzgerald
12-03-2009, 5:55 PM
Boy, there sure are a lot of people loving those mustard monsters. Got mine last June and have barely used my table saw. I was wondering what percentage of our turning community have bought Powermatic compared to other large lathes. I'm sure there is a dominance. The sale price seems to be dropping lately. A friend just got his for 300 dollars less than I paid.

Bob,

I have a friend who is a radiologist and has pretty much an unlimited budget. His response after he turned on mine for a couple of hours a month ago.....He ordered one. I asked him if it had arrived yet and if he needed a hand assembling it. His response ...it was assembled..he'd used it and he loved it. I asked why he chose it over Oneway, Robust, Serious, etc. His reply was it was hard to justify the cost difference for the difference in quality, fit and finish. The PM3520B is a lot of bang for the buck!