PDA

View Full Version : multifunction tool

cody michael
12-02-2009, 10:40 PM
i bought a tool similair to this only menards model. i paid 20$

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/itemdisplay/displayItemList.do?search.keyword=multifunction+po wer+tool&submit=find+it

now the question i bought it on accident. i looked at it thought i put it back then didn't realize it till cashier scanned it. it was early in the morning black friday i was tired and rushed. should i keep it is it a cool tool? or take it back i thought it looked cool but don't know how they work/how useful they are. what do you think

Bruce Wrenn
12-02-2009, 10:47 PM
I bought a HF one, and used it to do one job. It saved enough labor, that I took some of the profits and bought a second, just in case the first quit. They aren't Feins, but will do most of what I need. I'm in the home repair business, along with other things. My son, also in the home repair business, upon my advice bought one. Then he bought another for crew on his other truck.

Matthew Canull
12-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I also bought one of these cheap HF multi-tools (on purpose) and find it really handy.
I use it all the time for odd jobs. The price of the tool and the blades in comparison to other brands is very attractive... stock up on blades when they go on sale.
Works great for occasional use.

Roy Hill
12-02-2009, 11:56 PM
I also bought one from HF for a laminate flooring job at my daughters home. Worked great, in fact it worked so great I bought a second one. At $29 I thought it was a good bargain, especially since I got good service from the first one. I bought both of mine with discounted coupons from a wood working magazine. I'm not a big HF fan but, I figure I can't beat this price for a tool that I only use occasionally. :)

Ken Fitzgerald
12-03-2009, 12:41 AM
I bought the Dremel version of that. Works like a charm for specialized jobs where I need it.

cody michael
12-03-2009, 8:00 AM
ok thanks i think i'll keep it

Jerome Hanby
12-03-2009, 10:13 AM
I did almost the same exact thing. I got their replacement warranty on the first one, figuring I'll have the second as a spare when and if.

Kind of funny, I could never have brought myself to pay the kind of money that a Fein demands, but after using this knockoff, the Fein looks like it's just as useful as the infomercials show and the cost seems more reasonable :D.

I bought a HF one, and used it to do one job. It saved enough labor, that I took some of the profits and bought a second, just in case the first quit. They aren't Feins, but will do most of what I need. I'm in the home repair business, along with other things. My son, also in the home repair business, upon my advice bought one. Then he bought another for crew on his other truck.

george wilson
12-03-2009, 10:20 AM
I have the real Fein tool. It goes about twice as fast as the HF,IIRC. However,several people have commented on their HF versions being very useful. Even if it doesn't last as long as the Fein,it cost only a fraction as much. This type tool is indispensable for certain applications,especially when you need to saw something that a regular saw can't get at. Unless you use it for extended periods as a detail sander,which could wear out the internals which I ASSUME aren't as good as the Fein(since it is also assumed that you get what you pay for!) it should be o.k. for periodic use.

Rich Enders
12-06-2009, 11:34 AM
I bought the Bosch version, which is a battery operated portable. It was ideal for regrouting the tile around and in the pool at the waterline. It seems durable and the batteries plus the charger kept up with me all day long.