PDA

View Full Version : Drawer slides

Ken Higginbotham
12-02-2009, 3:29 PM
Where is the best place online to get Knape & Vogt 1805 drawer slides?

Tom Veatch
12-02-2009, 4:06 PM
Woodworker's Hardware (wwhardware.com) is my "go-to" place for drawer slides. They carry K&V branded slides but don't know whether they stock that particular model or not.

Ken Higginbotham
12-03-2009, 7:45 AM
Thanks Tom!

Edit: Just ordered - Less than half what I was going to pay local even with shipping!

Todd Hoppe
12-03-2009, 5:35 PM
Ken:

In the future, don't hesitate to order Woodworker's Hardware's value brand drawer slides. I notice that the mailing address listed on the packages is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, which has a large Knape & Vogt production facility. I presume the slides are VERY similar to the higher cost versions.

Todd

Ken Higginbotham
12-03-2009, 8:16 PM
Thanks for the fyi Todd

Robert Reece
12-03-2009, 9:27 PM
+1 on wwhardware. Always been very good with prompt shipping and order is always correct. Good prices too.

Karl Brogger
12-04-2009, 10:46 AM
Ken:

In the future, don't hesitate to order Woodworker's Hardware's value brand drawer slides. I notice that the mailing address listed on the packages is in Grand Rapids, Michigan, which has a large Knape & Vogt production facility. I presume the slides are VERY similar to the higher cost versions.

Todd

Wood Workers Hardware is the retail side of the wholesaler Hardware Distributors LTD., based out of Sauk Rapids, Minnesota.

Kendall Deaton
12-04-2009, 3:30 PM
Stupid question.
I am new to making cabinets.
I was looking at the woodworkers hardware site at slides after reading this thread.

It says that drawer slides are sold as "sets".
What does that mean?
A set of drawer member and cabinet member (i.e. one drawer slide)?
Or a pair of slides?

Thanks, Kendall

Ken Higginbotham
12-04-2009, 3:45 PM
A set is 2, one for each side of one drawer.

Kendall Deaton
12-04-2009, 3:53 PM
Thanks for the answer and the lead.
Those are good prices.

Fred Preston
12-05-2009, 6:27 AM
wwhardware. 2 thumbs up BUT [there's always a but isn't there] dont forget to order screws. some sites offer w/screws some dont. their prices are good enuff you can still afford the screws! :-]