PDA

View Full Version : ToolKing Unresponsive

Michael Flores
12-02-2009, 8:46 AM
Does anybody shop at ToolKing? I email them on Monday and i still haven't received a response. I was looking at a Powermatic mortiser with the 15% discount but their price was higher than Rockler. The website said that they are using a new website but that shouldn't affect emails.

Harry Hagan
12-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Sounds like my experience with Tool King; one excuse after another.

Tool King took a month to deliver a screw gun that was supposedly in stock after the customer service representative said I would have it in less than a week.

Their customer service representatives took the expression of “reluctant to tell the truth”, to a whole new level. I heard everything from, “It will ship today, It shipped yesterday, It will ship tomorrow, to we’re having computer problems”.

guy knight
12-02-2009, 1:16 PM
yep there cs sucks big time i had to dispute the credit card charge in order to get my refund then 3 months later they call me up to say they are refunding my cc after it had been refunded from the disput 2 1/2 months earlier

Cary Falk
12-02-2009, 1:37 PM
I'm not surprised either. I will never shop there again. I guess I would have to had received the item for it to have been purchased.

Michael Peet
12-02-2009, 3:03 PM
I just received an Incra fence from them with a scratch on it. Guess I won't bother trying to get a replacement.

-1 for TK, won't buy there again either.

Mike

Paul Ryan
12-02-2009, 3:09 PM
I have never bought from them. Have tired to deal with them, from time to time they will have cheap shipping. And they have links to have them match a price from a competor. It has taken then 4 days to respond to my messages to see if they would match a price. I have gave up dealing with them, I would gladly pay more to have better service. Tool zone has been good to me. But local vendors are usually the best.

Bob Borzelleri
12-02-2009, 6:45 PM
I bought a small Dewalt masonery saw from them. They were responsive, price was right and shipping was fast.

That's my only experience with them.

Scott Stafford
12-02-2009, 11:21 PM
Gosh, I was in Tool King for the first time a couple Saturdays ago during their annual sale. I was very impressed with how many times I was politely approached to make sure that my questions were answered and that I was getting all the help I needed.

The answers I received were very good and when somebody didn't know an answer, they admitted it and then went and got somebody who did know the answer.

My experience was very enjoyable and refreshing. Maybe the retail side of the business needs some influence from the retail floor?

Best regards,

Scott in Montana

Glenn Vaughn
12-03-2009, 12:14 AM
I also had a very good experience with ToolKing (retail store) - I bought the SawStop Contractor from them. It was a 120 mile drive to get there. When I got home and started assembling I discovered the rails were the wrong set - 36" for the cabinet insterad of 36" for the contractor.

I called them the next morning and they were apologetic and told me to come get the correct rails. I did so and, as I was leaving, they gave me 2 $30.00 gift cards to help compensate for the gasoline and profuse apologies again. I was satisfied with the apology and greatly pleased with the $60.00.

Glenn

Jim Kirkpatrick
12-03-2009, 8:05 AM
I've never bought anything from them before but I've noticed they sell a ton of tools on Ebay. They have a very good feedback rating.

Michael Heffernan
12-03-2009, 11:50 PM
I purchased a ZCI from them for my Steel City cabinet saw. Showed as 'In Stock' online, so I purchased it. Turns out that it was being drop shipped directly from Steel City, and it was out of stock. After three emails and a couple of weeks waiting, they responded that it was 'shipped'. Called them, they said to refuse the shipment, which I did. Got back to them in two days, but it took them another two weeks, after about four emails from me, to post a refund to my credit card.
Won't do business with them again.