PDA

View Full Version : Agazzani Owners I need Your Help

Jordan Lane
12-01-2009, 6:11 PM
I am interested in moving up from a 16" mini max to a larger saw. I have recently studied the Agazzani brand and have a few questions. Does the table tilt on the axis of the blade, in other words does the insert need to be taken out. Has the lower resaw height ever been an issue? Are the blade wheels crowned or flat and have you had issues with tracking smaller blades. Has the lower HP ratings ever been a problem for you? Would you buy the Agazzani again? I wish to gain this knowledge before I talk to Jesse at Eagle Tools. Thank you in advance for your help. :o

Don Bullock
12-01-2009, 11:19 PM
...I wish to gain this knowledge before I talk to Jesse at Eagle Tools. Thank you in advance for your help. :o

Jordan, you won't find a more knowledgeable and honest person on the subject of Agazzani band saws than Jesse. He is not your typical salesperson. His reputation and business have been built on customer satisfaction and service.

John Davidson
12-02-2009, 7:28 AM
I have the 18 inch that I purchased form Eagle tools about 3 years ago. I can answer a few question. The lower resaw hight has not been a problem for me. I have never needed to resaw anything over 12 inches. I have resawed up to about 11 inches with no problems. I know thier web site list my saw as 2.5hp. Once I placed my order Jesse told me the new saws came with a 3hp motor and that is what it arrived with. The wheels are not crowned or if they are it is not enough for me to tell. I have had no problems tracking any of the blades I bought with the saw. I don't remember the exact sizes but it was a package deal that Eagle offered with the saw, small to large. Since at this point I have never needed to tilt the table I can not speak to that. I well add I have been very happy with the saw as it has performed flawlessly. I paid less for the 18 inch than either a Mini Max or Laguna 16 inch saw would have cost. Of course I didn't get the resaw capacity with the Agazzani I would have with one of the others but at the same time I didn't see that I needed it. At this point that has proved to be true for me. I would buy it agian without a second thought.

As for Eagle tools they seem to be a very busy place. So, you will not get fast responses to emails and phone calls. However, I believe it is due to thier commitment to service that slows this down. My saw was shipped cleaned setup and ready to go out of the crate. I don't know of any other place that goes to this trouble to insure every piece of equipment they ship is right.

Michael Flores
12-02-2009, 7:48 AM
Jordan, I am also a proud owner of an aggi. I too can vouch for Jesse or his long time employee Raul. Never once did i ask them something that their response was "let me find out for you", they knew everything about the products they sell as if they were manufacturing them. I have the 20inch model. I have never re-sawed anything over 10 inches yet, but it performed flawlessly in the process. I have never tilted the table yet. The wheels are crowned, no tracking problems. If that's a problem its a pain in the rear to change the tire cause the rubber is vulcanized on. They use to do this demonstration at the shows where they would cut the tire and the saw would still perform as if nothing happened. And yes i would buy another aggi if i needed one.

Frank Drew
12-02-2009, 10:20 AM
You should be able to go years and years before replacing tires on a bandsaw; the late, great Oliver Machinery recommended loosening the tension at the end of each workday to avoid creating a rut (over a long time, to be sure.)

Paul B. Cresti
12-02-2009, 10:35 AM
I am interested in moving up from a 16" mini max to a larger saw. I have recently studied the Agazzani brand and have a few questions. Does the table tilt on the axis of the blade, in other words does the insert need to be taken out. Has the lower resaw height ever been an issue? Are the blade wheels crowned or flat and have you had issues with tracking smaller blades. Has the lower HP ratings ever been a problem for you? Would you buy the Agazzani again? I wish to gain this knowledge before I talk to Jesse at Eagle Tools. Thank you in advance for your help. :o

I am in the unique position of having owned a B-24 and now owning a MM-24. Both are very good saws from a great Country :D

What I gained with the MM-24 is 7.5HP 3PH motor + 24" resaw capacity and saw built like a tank. (steel thicker based upon my measurements).

I have needed the full 24" of resaw so for me it has been well worth it. I also have modified the stock fence to allow for add on fences which also have been a great addition for me.

I feel the resawing capability (cleanness of cuts) is better on the MM-24 but then again I was never able to cut with both side by side so I may be a bit tainted with my view.

The B-24 was a very good saw and I had no issues with it when I had it. The dual port DC collection was much better than the MM-24. I also liked the way the table tilted better but I rarely tilt the table and yes you do not have to remove the insert or adjust the lower guide to tilt. The tires were crowned on the B-24 and now flat on the MM-24. On these big saws I just about never remove my 1" carbide but I have used a 1/2" bimetal from time to time....anything smaller is challenging to track.

I think you would be happy with either but if you have a the bigger capacity you may "find" ways to use it ;). Also do not forget to check the size and weight of these saws...they are very big (was not an issue for me) and may cause loading, placement and or use issues.

Paul

Philip Johnson
12-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Check your ceiling height these 24 inch saws are about 8 feet tall.

Phil