PDA

View Full Version : Question for Kapex owners

Jeff Monson
12-01-2009, 5:26 PM
I have a kapex with the ct22 vacuum attached, I have not upgraded to the larger hose and I'm wondering if its worth the extra $$$. I'm not really impressed with the dust collection with the small hose, and was wondering if the larger volume hose would do much better of a job.

JIM HERNANDEZ
12-01-2009, 5:41 PM
I have a kapex which is attached to my ridgid shop vac with its upgraded hose. I was skeptical about changing the hose, but I can say that it is definitely worth it. The dust collection with the ridgid is now great. Hope that helps you with your decision.

Jim

Matt Winterowd
12-01-2009, 5:48 PM
I've always used the larger hose, so I can't compare, but I would say that if you're not impressed with the dust collection, then the larger hose is worth the upgrade. I get amazingly little dust off my Kapex.

Chris Rosenberger
12-01-2009, 7:24 PM
I have use both the small & large hoses. The large hose works much better.

Ed Gibbons
12-01-2009, 7:33 PM
I have read good thinks about the Kapex.

Matt Meiser
12-01-2009, 7:40 PM
Ridgid makes a really nice hose that is pretty comparable to the Festool hoses (except its orange) and fits on the vac end. I seem to recall that it would take some adapting to fit my TS55 properly. I don't know how that compares to a Kapex.

Erik Frederiksen
12-01-2009, 9:05 PM
I have used both hoses with my Kapex and CT 22 and can verify that with the larger hose the dust collection is noticeably better.

Jeff Monson
12-01-2009, 9:46 PM
Thanks for the great answers, Matt, does the rigid hose attach to the ct22 without adaptors? I'm assuming the rigid hose is alot less expensive than the festool hose?

Matt Meiser
12-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Yes, Festool vacs use the standard size on the vac-end.