PDA

View Full Version : LN Hand Tool Event Boxborough MA

Jim Kirkpatrick
12-01-2009, 1:34 PM
Anyone going to the Lie Nielsen Hand Tool event in Boxborough, MA this weekend? 12/4 & 5
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/?pg=1

Or has anyone gone before and care to comment on experience?

Don Orr
12-01-2009, 2:03 PM
Wish I had known about this a little farther in advance. Guess I should pay more attention. It's kind of far but most likely worth it. I have heard lots of good things about these shows. Have fun if you go and please report back.

Zach England
12-01-2009, 5:19 PM
These things ever come west of the Mississippi? Even better, west of the Rockies?

Gary Benson
12-01-2009, 6:49 PM
Zach,
Check LN's website. They have 6 events listed for early next year, all west of the Mississippi, 5 out of 6 west of the Rockies. I have been to both Denver events, very nice way to spend a few hours.
Gary

Duane Mohney
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Anyone going to the Lie Nielsen Hand Tool event in Boxborough, MA this weekend? 12/4 & 5
http://www.lie-nielsen.com/?pg=1

Or has anyone gone before and care to comment on experience?

I went to the one in Sturbridge last year. I had a good time. I'm not sure if I will be there Friday or Saturday yet, but I will be there.

Tom Henderson2
12-02-2009, 1:30 AM
These things ever come west of the Mississippi? Even better, west of the Rockies?

Hello Zach-

As others have pointed out, they do get out here to the wild, wild West.

I went to both the Oakland and the LA shows this year (in January) and enjoyed both tremendously.

They are pretty low-key affairs; LN has all their wares out where you can handle and use them. Deneb Puchalski is there to demo and answer questions. I learned a lot.

They have a sharpening demo/school going on also. So if your sharpening skills are modest this is a wonderful opportunity to go through the process yourself with an experienced instructor at your side.

Other vendors attend, but the mix is different at each show.

-TH

Mick David
12-02-2009, 1:03 PM
+1 on this. I went to one at the Taunton Press HQ in Connecticut and the Halloween show in Mystic, CT. They will really help you with your sharpening skills, and watching Deneb flatten a board with a series of planes (including one set up with a toothed blade) made it worth the trip.

Much like the cartoon Michael Eisner said on Family Guy -- "BRING MONEY." When you use those tools, you won't want to settle for less.

Hello Zach-

As others have pointed out, they do get out here to the wild, wild West.

I went to both the Oakland and the LA shows this year (in January) and enjoyed both tremendously.

They are pretty low-key affairs; LN has all their wares out where you can handle and use them. Deneb Puchalski is there to demo and answer questions. I learned a lot.

They have a sharpening demo/school going on also. So if your sharpening skills are modest this is a wonderful opportunity to go through the process yourself with an experienced instructor at your side.

Other vendors attend, but the mix is different at each show.

-TH