PDA

View Full Version : Jet JWBS - 140S help for a friend

harry strasil
12-01-2009, 10:58 AM
Awhile back I accuired a Jet verticle band saw. This guy had tried to rig it for a steel saw. I would like to use it for wood like it was intended. The problem is that he had replaced the pully on the saw with a larger one(to run slower) and the original was not anywere to be had. The saw is a Jet # JWBS - 140S. - Could you ask on your WW forum as to the pully sizes on both the saw and the motor so I can get this back to original, oh and belt length too. The saw is vertually brand new - I think he tried it for steel and when it didn't work he left it as is still in new condition :-) - Thanks Jeremy

Can anyone help me help my friend?

Jr.

Stephen Reid
12-01-2009, 11:27 AM
Harry, on my 14" delta the motor pulley is 3" and the saw pulley is 6".Belt length should be easy once he gets his pulleys.That is with a 1725 rpm motor.I don't know if the 2 to 1 ratio holds on other saws as this is the only bandsaw I've ever owned.Hope this helps.Steve

Jason White
12-01-2009, 2:22 PM
I'm curious to know from others if the belt length really matters.

Jason

Awhile back I accuired a Jet verticle band saw. This guy had tried to rig it for a steel saw. I would like to use it for wood like it was intended. The problem is that he had replaced the pully on the saw with a larger one(to run slower) and the original was not anywere to be had. The saw is a Jet # JWBS - 140S. - Could you ask on your WW forum as to the pully sizes on both the saw and the motor so I can get this back to original, oh and belt length too. The saw is vertually brand new - I think he tried it for steel and when it didn't work he left it as is still in new condition :-) - Thanks Jeremy

Can anyone help me help my friend?

Jr.