PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments.....

Dennis Peacock
12-01-2009, 10:43 AM
1 Dec 2009

Good Morning,

Yes....I know.....I'm a day late and a dollar shorter.

I remembered the Weekend Accomplishments yesterday when I was only part way across the state of Alabama and entering into Mississippi. I was wiped out last night after we got in and unpacked, so here I am today.

After driving 1,250 miles this past Thanksgiving week and visiting both sides of the family, I'm still full from all the food stuffs as well as every so glad to be back in my own bed. The older I get? The more I prefer my own bed to sleep in.

Visiting family and friends we really nice and we spent some of the time helping my parents do things around their house that they couldn't do nor have time to get done. We left their home with everything they wanted done - Done.

The most important thing I learned over this holiday week is that gasoline that is "ethanol enhanced" causes my gas mileage to drop from 26 miles per gallon to just under 22 miles per gallon. This is in a 2005 Honda Odyssey. I won't get on this tantrum but it was a rude awakening for me since most stations now only have gas that is "enhanced" with ethanol. Nothing like paying the same for fuel and getting less mileage.

No woodworking for me except for what I did at my parents place for them.

So what did YOU do this past Thanksgiving weekend/holiday week?

Best of weeks to you all.

Jim O'Dell
12-01-2009, 11:35 AM
And I was worn out driving to OK and back Thanksgiving Day...about 385 miles total.
Got the outside lights up Sat, and worked on the DC pipe extension. Finished that Sunday, now I need another stick of 6" PVC and a couple els. Got most of the decorations up in the house and the tree up and decorated Sunday. It's beginning to look a .....never mind. :rolleyes:
Got lots of rest. All in all a good weekend! Jim.

Jim Becker
12-01-2009, 10:26 PM
Oooh! Oooh! Oooh!!!! I was actually in my shop (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=125928) this past week and weekend! LOL Did a little addition for our tack trunk and a "make do" stall plaque for Elvis's stall.

'Hope everyone celebrating the US Thanksgiving Holiday had a nice time and didn't gain too much weight... ;)

Joe Mioux
12-01-2009, 10:29 PM
did some outdoor Christmas decorating at the house. (no gutter lights, I don't particularly like them)

Matt Meiser
12-01-2009, 11:21 PM
We went on a mini-vacation. Used up my Marriott Rewards points Weds and Thursday night in Canton, OH and just hung around the hotel, saw a move, and swam. Friday, Hartville and drove down to Amish country. Spent Friday and Saturday nights at a B&B and spent the days visiting the furniture and other shops Saturday morning we also hit Keim Lumber in Charm. Sunday a lazy drive home, then dinner at my parents' house.