PDA

View Full Version : What topic would you like to see covered in your favorite magazine?

Pete Lamberty
10-04-2004, 4:13 PM
Dennis got me to thinking, now this is a first for me so be gentle with the jokes. :) In another post he has described how tired he is of the articles that the wood magazines print. What topic would you like to see written about in your favorite magazine? Someone, maybe Betsy, said she would like to see an article on installing a barrel hinge. Okay thats a good one. Someone in our vast amount of members must feel that they really know how to install a barrel hinge. So here is my idea. In the article part of SMC we could have a post that would always remain in the first spot. It would be titled "What topic would you like to learn about?" Then anyone could just post what they would like to read about. Then someone could write an article and post it. Once an article is written about the topic the original question could be removed. I now that we can ask any how to questions on the other parts of the forum but sometimes we get bits and pieces of how to do something. Not a complete article. Is this a decent idea? I would like to sign someone elses name to this post so I wouldn't be laughed at but I don't know how. :D Any thoughts? Pete

Dan Gill
10-04-2004, 4:19 PM
I'd like to see an article on furniture design incorporating proportions for standard items as well as design features of different periods and styles.