PDA

View Full Version : LaserCut 5.3 and PhotoGrav

James Jaragosky
12-01-2009, 3:10 AM
Is anyone using PhotoGrav with LaserCut 5.3?
I am having difficulties getting lasercut to accept the photograve image.
I get a error message that the software will only accept 2 bit bitmap files, and then it loads the image. However, the image is mostly black with scattered white dots.
Help is sorely needed.
Thanks
Jim J.

John Donders (europe)
12-01-2009, 6:54 AM
Maybe it is not a LaserCut problem. Did you save the ENGRAVED file in Photograv as a BMP (bitmap) file? Otherwise the b/w picture is not saved as a bitmap.
As this is not the default setting this is a common mistake (at least for me it is).

-John-

Allen Isakson
12-01-2009, 7:15 AM
I agree with john. You need to save the engrave as a bitmap. I have lasercut 5.3 and it works beautifully with photograve. Also be sure you are set to engrave in lasercut and not cut.

John Frazee
12-01-2009, 12:46 PM
I haven't used it in a while but I remember when you save the file in Photograve, you have to change the drop down menu to bitmap instead of photoengrav supported images. I think that is what the default file type is called. Anyway, make sure you save it as bitmap there as well as converting and EXPORTING as a bitmap. I figured it out but just don't have time right this minute to go throgh and get all the steps. If you still haven't figured out the problem, call and I will try to walk you through it while on my computor as well. For converting, saving and exporting a bitmap I have step by step instructions I can fax or email you if you need. John Frazee 910-892-6722.

James Jaragosky
12-01-2009, 2:06 PM
You were all correct.:o I needed to change from the default file preference to windows bitmap. I knew this, as I have done many of photos on other my smaller rabbit machine using this same method. It was late and I was not thinking clearly.

The new HX 6090se is working flawlessly now that I have bypassed the faulty water flow sensor.
I will post photos later.
back to work for me.
Jim J.