PDA

View Full Version : New Rabbit HX-6090se Arrived.

James Jaragosky
11-30-2009, 12:32 PM
My new Rabbit HX-6090SE is finely in the garage/shop although It may need to be relocated.
Here are my first experiences and impressions.
Impressions:
The quality of the outer case is very solid, just like the smaller HX3040 that it replaced. The parts used on this model; such as the gantry, hoses, wiring, and table are of a higher quality than the smaller HX3040. The quality of the assembly is better as well. There are still things that could be improved; cabinet door inner latches come to mind, they are effective but difficult to operate.
·The machine is large and with all the peripherals takes up a fair amount of space.
·Documentation is less than desirable; A electrical schematic would be helpful.
·The assembly video is helpful.
·Importation and Pick up at a local warehouse went smoothly, although it did arrive two weeks past our target date.
Over all I am impressed and satisfied with the quality of the machine and feel that it is a excellent value for the money that I paid.
Experiences:
·A minor communication problem resulted in the machine arriving two weeks later than I expected.
·It was easy to uncrate, and assembly was minimal.
·The mirror assemblies are much better than on the HX3040, and beam alignment was easy comparatively.
·The machine has a bad sensor, which prevented the beam from firing on the first try, Frank Fang took my call from his cell while on vacation at Disney and was able to help me locate and bypass the problem sensor.
·Lasercut 5.3 may be a good program for running the laser, but I will have to withhold judgment until I figure it out. The software manual is lacking, to state it mildly.
·Lasercut 5.3 will not work with windows 7
·It took 3 tries before the software recognized the dongle on my X P machine.
More to come as I muddle on.
Jim J.

Ken Higginbotham
11-30-2009, 12:41 PM
·It took 3 tries before the software recognized the dongle on my X P machine.

TMI :p

Robert J Duval
11-30-2009, 1:24 PM
Jim,
The sensor that was bad, was it the flow sensor that's built into the machine?

James Jaragosky
11-30-2009, 1:59 PM
Jim,
The sensor that was bad, was it the flow sensor that's built into the machine?
Robert, I am not entirely sure what the problem is. He suggested that I check the flow at the chiller unit, which I did by squezing the input tube. That set off the chiller alarm. He also suggested that I jump/bypass the flow senser in the cabinet, but this was not necessary because His primary suggestion was to jump pins 3 & 4 on the power supply; this worked. It allowed me to align the beam path to the mirrors and run a test file or two. I am going to call him tonight to see what exactly I bypassed. This is where a schematic would be handy.

Robert J Duval
11-30-2009, 2:36 PM
Jim,
I had the same problem with my machine (hx6090SE) when I tried to fire the laser for the first time.I have had my machine for about month. Frank had me jump out the same pins on the laser power supply. I found that the labels on the machine for the in/out for the chiller was reversed. The flow switch inside of the machine was the problem. Once I switched the tubes around it worked fine.

What firmware are you running? I had a problem with the machine just stopping in the middle of an engraving and the laser stopped firing and the head just move back and forth. Another problem was the machine would be engraving then jump to one side and start engraving where ther was nothing.

Frank told me that the controller was bad and needed to be replaced. The funny thing was that the controller worked for vector cutting and raster engraving small idems. The only thing that I found was if the engraving was 12x12 or larger I would see the problems. After talking with Frank again about the problem he said he had a new firmware update. After loading the update all problems "so far" have gone away.

James Jaragosky
11-30-2009, 3:08 PM
Jim,
I had the same problem with my machine (hx6090SE) when I tried to fire the laser for the first time.I have had my machine for about month. Frank had me jump out the same pins on the laser power supply. I found that the labels on the machine for the in/out for the chiller was reversed. The flow switch inside of the machine was the problem. Once I switched the tubes around it worked fine.

What firmware are you running? I had a problem with the machine just stopping in the middle of an engraving and the laser stopped firing and the head just move back and forth. Another problem was the machine would be engraving then jump to one side and start engraving where ther was nothing.

Frank told me that the controller was bad and needed to be replaced. The funny thing was that the controller worked for vector cutting and raster engraving small idems. The only thing that I found was if the engraving was 12x12 or larger I would see the problems. After talking with Frank again about the problem he said he had a new firmware update. After loading the update all problems "so far" have gone away.

Well the wet cuff on my shirt will attest to that fact that out is out on my chiller. I have only ran 2 files one was the factory file raster image of several company logos, the size was 16 x 24 and it ran without a problem the second file was a dfx I had of some oak leaves 9 x 13 and it vector cut fine as well.
So did you just reverse the hoses and remove the jumper? did that cure the problem?
Because my chiller is running in the correct direction. Maybe my flow valve is installed upside-down. I need to talk to Frank.
I am still a little fuzzy on how to output directly to the laser from the computer. I can download to the lasers memory and work from there but I cannot seem to be able to output directly from CorelDraw.
I asked Frank several times about this before I purchased the machine and he assured me that this machine would work directly from CorelDraw.
The english in the lasercut manual is so poorly written that I am having trouble learning anything from it. I have gotten more from trial and error.

Robert J Duval
11-30-2009, 3:28 PM
Jim,
Did you reload lasercut software and select the corel driver? Then in corel you will see 4 new icons in the upper right. The driver is a min version of lasercut. One problem I found was with differnt layers from corel to lasercut in corel.

James Jaragosky
11-30-2009, 5:26 PM
Jim,
Did you reload lasercut software and select the corel driver? Then in corel you will see 4 new icons in the upper right. The driver is a min version of lasercut. One problem I found was with differnt layers from corel to lasercut in corel.
No I have not tried that yet. I will give that a try.

The flow sensor in the laser cabinet is not working. I have jumped it out and a new one is on order. The one in the chiller is still working so I am not too worried about damaging the tube.
I will try to raster an image tonight and see how that works out; Images are my main product so I will tackle them first. After working with the low-end rabbit, this is like driving a Cadillac compared to a pinto.

Karen Thompson
11-30-2009, 6:50 PM
No I have not tried that yet. I will give that a try.

The flow sensor in the laser cabinet is not working. I have jumped it out and a new one is on order. The one in the chiller is still working so I am not too worried about damaging the tube.
I will try to raster an image tonight and see how that works out; Images are my main product so I will tackle them first. After working with the low-end rabbit, this is like driving a Cadillac compared to a pinto.

Hi James,
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone (lol). I'm experiencing a similar problem with my LS6040 (similar to HX6040).

When I send a job through to the machine it has literally been going through the motions but there is no beam at all.

I have replaced the micro switch under the lid and also the flow switch has been replaced jumping the wires isn't working either (I have also swapped the tube as I thought the original may have been at fault) but it's still the same. I've been out of action now for 3 weeks and I'm waiting for a response from my supplier on this one but if anyone here can give me any pointers as to what else I could to look at I'd appreciate it.

James as for CorelDraw - I do know that X3 is compatible with LaserCut 5.1 but not X4 (which by Sod's Law I have:rolleyes:) and if I remember right it's somewhere in the install of LaserCut that you can select Corel - I'm not near my kit at the moment to confirm that but I'll try to have a look tomorrow.

Good luck with the new arrival and keep us updated;)

Karen

James Jaragosky
11-30-2009, 7:30 PM
Hi James,
Just wanted to let you know you're not alone (lol). I'm experiencing a similar problem with my LS6040 (similar to HX6040).

When I send a job through to the machine it has literally been going through the motions but there is no beam at all.

I have replaced the micro switch under the lid and also the flow switch has been replaced jumping the wires isn't working either (I have also swapped the tube as I thought the original may have been at fault) but it's still the same. I've been out of action now for 3 weeks and I'm waiting for a response from my supplier on this one but if anyone here can give me any pointers as to what else I could to look at I'd appreciate it.

James as for CorelDraw - I do know that X3 is compatible with LaserCut 5.1 but not X4 (which by Sod's Law I have:rolleyes:) and if I remember right it's somewhere in the install of LaserCut that you can select Corel - I'm not near my kit at the moment to confirm that but I'll try to have a look tomorrow.

Good luck with the new arrival and keep us updated;)

Karen
Karen, do you have a chiller? Not a water pump in a bucket, but a chiller.
If so It needs to be on for the tube to fire even with the flow valve jumped out.
Did you jump out the sensor at the power supply? For my machine it is the 3 & 4 pin on the 6 pin block.
I will work on getting Corel to work when I have time to fuss with it. Right now I need to get some orders out the door before my reputation goes south.
Thanks for the well wishes
Jim J.

Karen Thompson
11-30-2009, 7:55 PM
Karen, do you have a chiller? Not a water pump in a bucket, but a chiller.
If so It needs to be on for the tube to fire even with the flow valve jumped out.
Did you jump out the sensor at the power supply? For my machine it is the 3 & 4 pin on the 6 pin block.
I will work on getting Corel to work when I have time to fuss with it. Right now I need to get some orders out the door before my reputation goes south.
Thanks for the well wishes
Jim J.

Hi Jim,
No I don't have the chiller I have the water pump/bucket setup (although I have to say it's very chilly here now minus 2 as I type and getting colder :D) The sensor/s were jumped out (both yellow wires) and I'm certain they were 3&4 (haha it's midnight here now and waaaaaay too cold for me to go out and have a look - wimp I know lol).

I hope that we can suss this problem out I'm waiting on my supplier (from the UK) to get back to me on this and if he can give me any further insight I'll post it here.

Good luck.

Karen

James Jaragosky
11-30-2009, 8:25 PM
Hi Jim,
No I don't have the chiller I have the water pump/bucket setup (although I have to say it's very chilly here now minus 2 as I type and getting colder :D) The sensor/s were jumped out (both yellow wires) and I'm certain they were 3&4 (haha it's midnight here now and waaaaaay too cold for me to go out and have a look - wimp I know lol).

I hope that we can suss this problem out I'm waiting on my supplier (from the UK) to get back to me on this and if he can give me any further insight I'll post it here.

Good luck.

Karen

That is about 28.4° Fahrenheit, a bit more than chilly. For me chilly is above freezing.
Please keep us informed as to your progress. also remember to post any results you may find. Good or bad it may help some else in the future.
Regards
Jim J

Karen Thompson
12-01-2009, 6:46 PM
That is about 28.4° Fahrenheit, a bit more than chilly. For me chilly is above freezing.
Please keep us informed as to your progress. also remember to post any results you may find. Good or bad it may help some else in the future.
Regards
Jim J

Hi Jim,
Just an update - I had a chat with the supplier today and he asked me to check the laser power supply - here i saw that the fan wasn't working and he said it could be the fuse had blown. Unfortunately I couldn't get into the unit to get to the fuse (told you I was a wimp :D) so had to wait till hubby got home. Anyway he checked the fuse for me and it was fine hadn't blown at all but the fan definately is not working.

So I've emailed the supplier with this result and am waiting for his response to that. Unfortunately I am no further on.

One thing I had noticed however was that in the compartment where the circuit boards are - most of the boards have green lights on them (either flashing or constant) however one which is covered in a steel casing has a constant red light on it. I hadn't noticed it before but then again I hadn't been looking for if you know what I mean.

I'm attaching a photo - it's not brilliant but the red light is at the bottom left of the unit at the front (you might see a reflection) I'm hoping its a normal light though.

I'll keep you informed.

Karen

James Jaragosky
12-01-2009, 11:50 PM
Hi Jim,
Just an update - I had a chat with the supplier today and he asked me to check the laser power supply - here i saw that the fan wasn't working and he said it could be the fuse had blown. Unfortunately I couldn't get into the unit to get to the fuse (told you I was a wimp :D) so had to wait till hubby got home. Anyway he checked the fuse for me and it was fine hadn't blown at all but the fan definately is not working.

So I've emailed the supplier with this result and am waiting for his response to that. Unfortunately I am no further on.

One thing I had noticed however was that in the compartment where the circuit boards are - most of the boards have green lights on them (either flashing or constant) however one which is covered in a steel casing has a constant red light on it. I hadn't noticed it before but then again I hadn't been looking for if you know what I mean.

I'm attaching a photo - it's not brilliant but the red light is at the bottom left of the unit at the front (you might see a reflection) I'm hoping its a normal light though.

I'll keep you informed.

Karen
That light on my machine is Green.
good luck
Jim J

Allen Isakson
12-02-2009, 6:16 PM
James, If your running lasercut 5.3 You cannot run straight from corel. The Chinese software is not equipped to do so, just Like accepting anything more then a two bit bitmap, not happening We are limited there.
Hope you get all the bugs worked out.

Allen

salim nirjhor
06-29-2010, 1:32 PM
Hello Dearlisted of Rabbit laser owner
---------------------------------------------------
Last few days I were busy with my 2 employee for our new toy HX-6090SE from rabbitlaser.
My wise freind James once advise me to own this machine, This is my second machine but I had no time
to use or try my 1st machine so i sold that uncrate after arrival.
Here my new machine & here i also want to learn and execution my all knowledge on it. but seem it much
harder thn i thought.
I beg help about following matter asap. Though i started a new thread even i think this post can save my
time and i could replied early.

1. I'm not an expert on corelDraw but learning day by day, I used to worked on photoshop, Illustrator
and mostly autocad. Those experience i'm enjoying now for work with this machine.
2. I've 50% success on cutting ply, 1mm acrylic, thin (i didn't measure), paper etc.
0% on marble, glass and -5% for rubber sheet (for rubber stamp) where rubber going to melt.
3. Could u pls help me to give real parameter of above material please, please. I tried & puzzled
each time.
4. Boby (rabbit tech.) tried to help me alot but may b he cannt figure-out why my failed percent is much
higher thn success.
5. About lasercut5.3 software : its a simple but not seem lower then creative, everything is limited here
and even i cannt fill any art object there (on because of my poor knowledge may be).
6. Today I was tried all day to doing rubber stamp engrave. oops! really -5% success. Our sweat of failure
just amazed me how James or else respected rabbit owner works by this? we tried both exposed or unexposed
side but almost same, I talked a lot with bob but result show same bored faces.just like a hole.
pls let me know how can invert text on lasercut, my lasercut5.3 shows invert icon grey so not help to do.
7. About Image, my god! we didn't see any print else sum stupid dot on material but cutting fine out of
image. I dont know how everybody work with just few correct and command.
8. About lettering by text is almost invisible with supplied parameter setting but when i turned engrave
layer to cut, its leave some visible but much burned mark there,(not bad!) about text i'm confused
layer command will cut or engrave?

I know Rabbit owner knows answer of above all question and may be posted here already but i'm not tht lucky to discover right way.
And It will much appreciated if anybody help me to get those or answered to continue my off machine and no more burn my materials
indecent.

pls pls help me About 1. IMAGE 2. TEXT OR LETTERING. 3. RUBBER STAMP ENGRAVING . I can at least make worth to my F&F to be a member
of sawmill creek & cnczone and my non sleepy night. I enjoyed learn and forget how to work.

----------------------Nirjhor

With
--------------------------
A lots of dust making woodworking machines
Scroll-saw
Rabbit laser Hx6090-SE

Dan Hintz
06-29-2010, 2:25 PM
The best advice I can give any new laser owner...

1) Forget about settings in the manual... their almost always off by quite a bit, and in some cases completely wrong.
2) Learn how to run power grids, and then make sure to run them on every new substrate you wish to work with. This goes with point 1) above.
3) Make sure your optics are clean and your beam is aligned.

Once you have those three items down, then you're ready to begin asking real questions. If you ignore the comments above, you'll end up wasting your time, someone else's time, or both.

John Barton
06-30-2010, 2:16 AM
Well the wet cuff on my shirt will attest to that fact that out is out on my chiller. I have only ran 2 files one was the factory file raster image of several company logos, the size was 16 x 24 and it ran without a problem the second file was a dfx I had of some oak leaves 9 x 13 and it vector cut fine as well.
So did you just reverse the hoses and remove the jumper? did that cure the problem?
Because my chiller is running in the correct direction. Maybe my flow valve is installed upside-down. I need to talk to Frank.
I am still a little fuzzy on how to output directly to the laser from the computer. I can download to the lasers memory and work from there but I cannot seem to be able to output directly from CorelDraw.
I asked Frank several times about this before I purchased the machine and he assured me that this machine would work directly from CorelDraw.
The english in the lasercut manual is so poorly written that I am having trouble learning anything from it. I have gotten more from trial and error.

I have a plugin that works with Corel for the lasercut software. It puts command bar in my corel. When I click on the setup there is a dropdown menu and one of the choices is Corel for the plugin.

If you don't have this I will be happy to zip it up and send it if I can.

I am using LC 5.3 as well.

The only thing is that the plugin I have is in Chinese so you have to have a little training on what the commands are.

Warren Eames
10-09-2010, 3:08 AM
I have Lasercut 5.3 and X4. Each time I try to load the Coreldraw file in the "Welcome to Use" box, Lasercut it says that it "Supports Coreldraw 11, 12 and X3. Does anyone know how to get around this problem as I am led to believe that you can use Lasercut 5.3 in X4?
Warren

Victor Sud
10-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Warren:

There is a version of Lasercutcut for Corel X4, you should ask the machine manufacturer because the syscfg file is specific to your machine.

Regards,

Victor

Warren Eames
10-12-2010, 3:04 AM
Victor,
Thanks I will try that. I contacted the Lasercut software people but they were not sure if it could be used on X4. They said it was right up to X2 which I have not heard of. :(:(