PDA

View Full Version : Hall tree--DONE---

Gary Max
10-04-2004, 12:56 PM
This hall tree has been THREE weeks in the making. I was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to get it done. There where several parts that had to be made more than once---Ok ---I messed them up the first time and had to do it over. It stands 6 foot tall by 6 foot wide. I used just about every tool in my shop to build it from a chain saw to Kerg jig (box panels). It's going to be a couple of weeks before the finish is done we are getting ready for a show right now.
I will put the hardware on last.
I get to spend the rest of the week making a few bowls.
Hope you enjoy the pics

Rob Russell
10-04-2004, 1:01 PM
Nice job - hope your customer likes it!

Dave Richards
10-04-2004, 1:14 PM
Nice work. I hope you'll get and post a few pictures of it once it is in place.

By the way, the wheels are a nice addition. Makes cleaning the floor under the hall tree easier. :D

Michael Stafford
10-04-2004, 2:00 PM
Gary, you do pretty work. Obviously you have a great supply of cedar. No moths in your shop, huh? Do you turn cedar as well? Cedar bowls would be pretty.

Gary Max
10-04-2004, 6:04 PM
Rob ---This ain't been sold. Every now and then I get enough time to build something just for the heck of it. Well this time I built two Hall Trees.

Chris Padilla
10-04-2004, 7:42 PM
Sniff, sniff...ah...smells devine...doesn't look too bad, either! ;)

Jim Ketron
10-04-2004, 9:56 PM
Looks great !!
I like the rustic look
It would look great in a log home!
Jim

John Miliunas
10-04-2004, 10:10 PM
6x6???!!! Man, I thought it was Texas that made everything BIG! :D Nice job! I really like the beveled mirrors and the whole design is very unique. And storage, to boot! :) Hey, you just gave me an idea for our entry! Well, maybe by 2014.... :rolleyes: Nice job, Gary! :cool:

Gary Max
10-05-2004, 6:08 AM
Thanks for all the kind words from everyone. Building things like this Hall Tree is what I enjoy the most in my shop. It is getting to the point where it is getting very hard on the back. I am spending the day turning--- everyone have a great day.

Charles McKinley
10-05-2004, 9:42 PM
HI Gary,

That is beautiful and HUGE. I would love to have the space for a hall tree like that and a huge old poster bed. That is great work. I strongly suggest a front end loader with pallet forks. It is agreat back saver.

Gary Max
10-06-2004, 6:47 AM
Charles --- the LOML keeps trying to talk me into buying a forklift.
I am thinking more on the lines of more stuff off the lathe.
Thanks