PDA

View Full Version : Small Christmas Trees

Fred Kogler
11-30-2009, 4:35 AM
I had read an article or two on how to turn Christmas trees. These are not ornaments, but free standing trees about 4" high. I can't find the magazine article, nor the pictures. One project had a simple pyrimidal cone with a base and round top that had had several incuts using a parting tool.
The second style was turned with an off set center to produce interesting incuts in the sides....anyone know what I'm trying to describe?

Michael Armstrong
11-30-2009, 10:56 AM
Fred:
Articles are in the American Woodturner. Of course right now I can't find the right issues to direct you to but I'll keep looking. Aha found one Winter 2008 issue page 26. Article is by David Reed Smith and if you go to his website there are some tutorials on there. The other article I think was by Bob Rosand - that is the one that deals with the trees made with the parting tool cuts. Just found the link to the other article - http://www.rrosand.com/articles/NorthCoastTree.shtml

Michael

Steve Mawson
11-30-2009, 12:54 PM
I just finished three over the weekend. Shaped a little different but similar idea. If I get time I will post them tonight.

Mark Burge
11-30-2009, 7:48 PM
I made some of those last Christmas. They were gifts and I didn't get a shot of them before they left.

Rasmus Petersen
12-01-2009, 1:36 AM
http://www.davidreedsmith.com/Articles/EccentricTrees/EccentricTrees.htm

david has several styles.. might be the ones that you are looking for

Fred Kogler
12-01-2009, 2:20 AM
Oh, my, oh my... I am so happy, so happy tonight, my heart's full of laughter, my hearts full of light.... Thank you gentlemen! I have found that which I had lost!

Actually, through your great memeories and astute observation, you have directed me to both articles I had read and was looking for. I will send a post and pictures when I have completed my task...

Thanks again, Fred Kogler

Mark Burge
12-02-2009, 12:01 AM
Fred, I found a picture of one of the ones I did last year.