PDA

View Full Version : Craigs list

Aaron Berk
11-30-2009, 2:22 AM
So I'm a big fan of CL, always searching.......:D So much so that it's becoming a time waster.

I think I've heard of search engines that you can set up to "troll" CL but I can't remember where.

I'd like to input the things I'm looking for, and then set the different locations to be searched.

Is there any such monster?

mickey cassiba
11-30-2009, 5:33 AM
FireFox has several add-ons that involve Craigs list, however I haven't used any of them. I can't vouch for their usefulness.
Mick

David Freed
11-30-2009, 7:52 AM
http://www.searchtempest.com/

Derek Gilmer
11-30-2009, 8:22 AM
Crazedlist: http://www.crazedlist.org/index.cgi is pretty handy. I use it for my CL searching.

Aaron Berk
11-30-2009, 9:05 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check those out today

John Shuk
11-30-2009, 5:34 PM
I have an Ipod touch and use the Craigsphone app. It is much more convenient than a computer. It Doesn't automatically search but it just moves more efficiently through the listings.

Phillip Thorne
11-30-2009, 6:45 PM
You can also use iGoogle to send you alert emails when a specific search query is satisfied.

David Freed
11-30-2009, 7:10 PM
When I clicked on the crazedlist link, a small window popped up telling me to change some settings on my computer to make it work. I don't have any trouble with other websites.

Derek Gilmer
11-30-2009, 7:40 PM
When I clicked on the crazedlist link, a small window popped up telling me to change some settings on my computer to make it work. I don't have any trouble with other websites.
That was probably the referrer settings. I had to change it to get it to work with mine but it was worth it :)

Joe Hayes
12-02-2009, 9:45 AM
So I'm a big fan of CL, always searching.......:D So much so that it's becoming a time waster.

I think I've heard of search engines that you can set up to "troll" CL but I can't remember where.

I'd like to input the things I'm looking for, and then set the different locations to be searched.

Is there any such monster?

I would suggest you give this website a try to see if it give you what your looking for. www.craiglook.com