PDA

View Full Version : Jessem sliding table adjustment?

Rick Potter
11-30-2009, 2:20 AM
I have a Jessem slider on my Unisaw, and it has always slid effortlessly at both ends of travel, but has resistance in the middle of the travel. It is not enough to be a hassle, but it still annoys me.

Does anyone know if there is an adjustment for this? I see nothing in the manual. I was carefull attaching it, but could it be binding because of an installation mishap?

Anybody have experience here?

Rick Potter

Robert Chapman
11-30-2009, 7:54 AM
My MastRslide has a very slight increase in resistance at about the middle of its travel. I don't worry about it as it doesn't affect the operation of the slide. The fact that the sliding table is adjusted by slightly twisting the heavy piece of material that holds the supporting bearings would seem to encourage some resistance somewhere along the travel of the table. I really like my MastRslide.

Paul Mullan
11-30-2009, 9:37 AM
I wonder if your table saw bed has a slight bow in it?

I would try loosening the two end bolts that hold the sliding table to the tablesaw and see if it makes any difference. If not then try loosening the middle bolt.

Paul

Gary Muto
12-01-2009, 12:59 AM
I agree with Robert completely. I just figured that the resistance was max at mid travel since there are the most bearings contacting the table. it doesn't affect performance so I left it alone.