PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl????

Eric Jackson
11-29-2009, 9:47 AM
Here in the south, vinyl cut objects on acrylic is big. I would like a piece of the market, but am cautious as to the vinyl. Is there a vinyl like product available for lasers that one does not have to worry about PVC?

Is so, where can I get some? I have several high end gift stores looking for a supplier of vinyl cuts for acrylic wares and vehicle windows.

Any help is appreciated.

Larry Peterson TX
11-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Several products referred to as "vinyl" are really ployurethane, supposedly safe for lasering. I use a product called Thermoflex, from Specialty Products, available through several distributors like Graphic Solutions Group, The Paper Ranch and Digital Solutions Group. Ask for the Material Safety Data Sheet to check for sure.

James Stokes
11-29-2009, 2:41 PM
vinyl cutters are pretty cheap. There is one advertized on this page for $249. If you want to get in to that market you are better off just buying one.

Joe Pelonio
11-29-2009, 2:53 PM
The non-vinyl sheet goods are not as durable especially for outdoors, and even more so for vehicle lettering. Using a laser to cut it and still be able to weed and apply the transfer tape properly is a very delicate and time consuming process, with severe size limitations.

If you want to take advantage of that market you really do need a plotter.